We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

Rammyblues said:
I don't think we need a big name player, the fact we have signed RSC and Barry improves our squad no end. For me the signing of Tevez is crucial to what we will do next year he will allow us to pay three forwards without losing out on midfield. If we just sign him and Lescott who can play central left side defence or left full back I will be content with the squad we have and I believe that will be capable of achieving top six.

maybe top 6....if we are lucky with injuries...but it will be close

the fact that we still have Jonno, pertov and boj to come back in as well will help as those 3 were missing the majority of last season and are undoubted quality...the news on jonno coming out of the club at the moment is a lot more positive

If the only problem with Johnno is that he is overweight but pain free of injury, won't take that long to burn of the fat. I just think the best I ever saw him play was when he played together with Elano they just seemed to compliment each other unfortunately since then either one or both have been injured or have not been given the opportunity to re create that midfield partnership.

jonno will learn a lot hopefully from barry....in terms of professionalism and how to handle himself off the pitch as well as on it

he is only young and still has a potentially very good career ahead of himself

oafc dave said:
I still have belief that Eto'o deal could be done. Let's wait for Laporta and Eto'o response.

Agreed Dave.

I still think it will happen as barca want to move him on to bring in Villa. I can see it being another last day of the transfer window Robinho type signing though

bluwes said:
oafc dave said:
I still have belief that Eto'o deal could be done. Let's wait for Laporta and Eto'o response.

Agreed Dave.

I still think it will happen as barca want to move him on to bring in Villa. I can see it being another last day of the transfer window Robinho type signing though

He wont even answer the phone to Laporta though.....Im sure we will get some barca or eto'o spin saying that he is now happy at barca and all differences between player and club have been resolved!!!

bluwes said:
oafc dave said:

Agreed Dave.

I disagree. City are very guarded about transfer business, they wouldn't have made an official statement if they thought there was some life in it. I think it may have come down to the player's attitude/demands.

If that deal is ever resurrected it will be Barca begging us to take him off their hands or the playing saying how much he wants to sign for the project and is prepared to waive his 13m.

I can't see either happening so for me the deal is dead.

smiles said:
bluwes said:
oafc dave said:

Agreed Dave.

I disagree. City are very guarded about transfer business, they wouldn't have made an official statement if they thought there was some life in it. I think it may have come down to the player's attitude/demands.

agreed....reading what cook said in the statement it seems that city were no longer willing to be caght in the middle of an arguement between eto'o and barca....it will be interesting to see if anyone else goes in for him and then see what happens...i fear that he will end up resolving his differences and ending up at utd (and i do think he would drop his demands to go there)

We do need another striker, but a big name we may well not get now. But there are a lot of top quality players with fantastic potential and Iam 100% sure MH & co have plans in place.
However if the Tevez/ Terry deals fall through that could be detrimental to our progression. If we get 1 of those players it will be a succesfull transfer window as they are both massive names for us.

agreed....reading what cook said in the statement it seems that city were no longer willing to be caght in the middle of an arguement between eto'o and barca....it will be interesting to see if anyone else goes in for him and then see what happens...i fear that he will end up resolving his differences and ending up at utd (and i do think he would drop his demands to go there)

urgghh, I think you may be right. We may have made him a bargain signing for another club (pls, pls, pls not utd!!!!)
Barca are on the verge of signing Villa and need the cash to do so (if you believe the press)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.