Skashion said:
Bell-Lee-Summerbee said:
Whats next on the banned list

And its Manchester City
Manchester City FC
were the greatest team in football
the world has ever seen.

Much too arrogant by half
Can't recall that ever being sang at any City game, and thank fuck for that.

I think he ment the "best team in the land and all the world....."

That's what I assumed anyway..

stimo said:
moomba said:
stimo said:
hate it, its everything we hate united for. singing it against lower teams has nothing to do with united so dont call it irony

I hate United for so much more than a song.
the attitude and arrogance of it is what i am getting at.
there's more to United then arrogance, the day City fans start to act like full blown knob heads and kick off when results don't go our way scaring little kids in the process acting like billy big knob then I'll start questioning what we do as fans....

but in the mean time singing songs taking the piss back dates to the 80's...

You could argue singing "35 years and we're still here..." is classed as arrogant, what because we've supported our team through bad times makes us better fans then the rest??? See what I did there?

There's no winning in this "arrogant" argument, if fans can dish it they better prepare to take it...

Simples!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Skashion said:
Bell-Lee-Summerbee said:
Whats next on the banned list

And its Manchester City
Manchester City FC
were the greatest team in football
the world has ever seen.

Much too arrogant by half

'And it's Manchester City, Manchester City FC,
We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen !'

If you can't remember it, thank the lord you're too young. Used to get sung on the Kippax all the time....don't dis your elders :)

Davs 19 said:
Skashion said:

If you can't remember it, thank the lord you're too young. Used to get sung on the Kippax all the time....don't dis your elders :)

Jesus Christ THAT song!!

I thought we buried that along with "Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best....."

Davs 19 said:

Jesus Christ THAT song!!

I thought we buried that along with "Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best....."

Disagree tbh - used to quite like it

Jesus Christ THAT song!!

I'm a fan of Niall Quinn's disco pants personally. I've heard that many many times, especially on the trains whenever TBA are around.

Skashion said:
Jesus Christ THAT song!!

I'm a fan of Niall Quinn's disco pants personally. I've heard that many many times, especially on the trains whenever TBA are around.
Really? I haven't heard that song for ages even on away days!

stimo said:
moomba said:
I hate United for so much more than a song.
the attitude and arrogance of it is what i am getting at.
there's more to United then arrogance, the day City fans start to act like full blown knob heads and kick off when results don't go our way scaring little kids in the process acting like billy big knob then I'll start questioning what we do as fans....

but in the mean time singing songs taking the piss back dates to the 80's...

You could argue singing "35 years and we're still here..." is classed as arrogant, what because we've supported our team through bad times makes us better fans then the rest??? See what I did there?

There's no winning in this "arrogant" argument, if fans can dish it they better prepare to take it...

Simples!
you make a good point actually, it still feels too much like them for me. i hate it but i wont be making threads every weekend about stopping it like the poznan threads. just a personal gripe that we all have about something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.