We score when we want

i dont think its arrogant other fans sing all sorts to us!!!! this is just good banter i rather enjoy the song.

glen quagmire said:
Pigeonho said:
Said it before, this is clearly a piss take and a complete mockery of our Trafford based cousins singing 'we do what we want'. It's typical Blue humour and not arrogant in the slightest. Put another way, if the United chant didn't exist, neither would this one.
Totally agree, its taking the piss out of their song, and it does it well, are they still singing theirs ? Maybe they should change our words to "bore when we want" ?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Skashion said:
Bell-Lee-Summerbee said:
Whats next on the banned list

And its Manchester City
Manchester City FC
were the greatest team in football
the world has ever seen.

Much too arrogant by half
Can't recall that ever being sang at any City game, and thank fuck for that.

I think he ment the "best team in the land and all the world....."

That's what I assumed anyway..
Youngsters won't remember that, but we sang it long ago in another period of so called arrogance, though we called it success at the time.

bluecitywugger said:
Rather be singing this, than years ago when we used to sing......."while we are singing please give us a goal".......had great pleasure sing it today to the irritable Newcastle fans who's team were put in its place by a far better free scoreing team ,all be it two pens and without the likes of Silva on the pitch for a full 90 mins.
i dont get this 2 pens shit as if they dont really count.If yaya's shot hadnt been handballed he probably would have scored and micah would have probably gone on to score or set someone up.

Davs 19 said:
Skashion said:
Can't recall that ever being sang at any City game, and thank fuck for that.

'And it's Manchester City, Manchester City FC,
We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen !'

If you can't remember it, thank the lord you're too young. Used to get sung on the Kippax all the time....don't dis your elders :)
We used to sing this at away games in the mid/late 70s.
I particularly remember it at Leeds,Boro,Utd and Newcastle.
Other teams also sang their own versions of it.
A timeless classic IMO.

-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm --

manclad said:
Davs 19 said:

If you can't remember it, thank the lord you're too young. Used to get sung on the Kippax all the time....don't dis your elders :)
A timeless classic IMO.

The wife is listening to some music in the living room (a Chic/Rose Royce compilation) and "Carwash" has just come on.
This tune was also very popular at matches at this time with us singing "Blues" and clapping along to the beat of the song.

manclad said:
Davs 19 said:

A timeless classic IMO.

-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm --

manclad said:
Davs 19 said:

A timeless classic IMO.

The wife is listening to some music in the living room (a Chic/Rose Royce compilation) and "Carwash" has just come on.
This tune was also very popular at matches at this time with us singing "Blues" and clapping along to the beat of the song.

'Cool'

It might be a piss take to us but at a time when we are up there with people gearing up to take pot shots chanting something that can be construed as being arrogant only plays into detractors hands.

It's alright for people to say so and so would do it if they were where we are or, we've taken years of mediocrity and as we're up there now as the best fuck em we'll sing it anyway but; to do so would be err... arrogant.

cleavers said:
glen quagmire said:
Pigeonho said:
Said it before, this is clearly a piss take and a complete mockery of our Trafford based cousins singing 'we do what we want'. It's typical Blue humour and not arrogant in the slightest. Put another way, if the United chant didn't exist, neither would this one.
Totally agree, its taking the piss out of their song, and it does it well, are they still singing theirs ? Maybe they should change our words to "bore when we want" ?

Haha quality!

Why on earth do we care what other fans/clubs think of us anymore? We've earned the right to sing whatever we want after years of obscurity and turmoil. I don't think the vast majority of fans will begrudge us reveling in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.