We were lucky today

shaiomarali said:
claims

1st goal offside?

i thought not. if my eyes didnt deceive me when they showed that digital line feature on a freezeframe, tevez's feet were behind the last planted leg of that defense when the ball was played. again, if my eyes are true, it was because tevez was leaning more towards the front than the defender was what made the offside illusion.

You don't know the rules, do you?

first half was a step back,not comfortable on the ball,very slow build-up,crowded out by a very competent b'pool midfield,but worse was the 'hoof' creeping back in,but we all knew we could be much better,whereas b'pool were probably at their best.City were not being outclassed but were not hurting them with rapid attacks,NDJ was in an impossible situation having to throttle back does not suit him,and was largely 'out of it' Tevez and Ade were on different wave-lengths.The subs made us a different team,kept the ball better,made them chase and Silva was brilliant.We got what we deserved,a narrow victory that could have been a draw,in the end our bench was better than theirs

BlueSinclair said:
But we were incredible lucky, at least until silva came on. Towards the end when we hit the bar and post, I did feel it was a somewhat deserved victory. But earlier in the game, oh dear did we ride our luck. There is no question about that. Trying to ignore that is just incredible arrogant and ignorant.

Total shite. Plucky little Blackpool with their new found fans and cock sucker manager gave it a go - they were, afterall, playing one of their very, very big games of the season on their home middin. However, they conceded 3 goals, could have conceded several more and only scored 2 - end of. I could bore you with a littany of mistakes that refs have made against us, including today, but I'll leave the boring input to you.

Deserved win against a team of tryers away from home to put us second. Just thank the Marines and rejoice.

I remember a team once winning a european cup final in the dying minutes of the game after being mullered throughout it with the opposition hitting the bar/post etc. Funny how they weren't tarnished with being called lucky but their manager got a knighthood out of it.

The record books will show a 2-3 away victory, that's all i'm concerned about.

After years and years and years and yeeeeaaaaarrrrrssssssss of being on the receiving end of this kind of result I rejoice at today's victory.

Whilst the plucky Seasiders will be rightly sympathised with for coming out of a game they contributed hugely to with nothing, we should know all too well that that wins you friends but not much more.

I know which I prefer.

I remember a team once winning a european cup final in the dying minutes of the game after being mullered throughout it with the opposition hitting the bar/post etc. Funny how they weren't tarnished with being called lucky but their manager got a knighthood out of it.

The record books will show a 2-3 away victory, that's all i'm concerned about.

If we had a lost the headlines would have read

Multi million pound city tangoed by a pub team or words to that effect, pity how the media missed the fact we hit the woodwork three times in all this. I agree with the above, we won they lost, next up the polish side, then the Gooners, results mean everything.

We have the cream and it rose to the top slowly but surely, we deserved it overall....Blackpool had their chances but so did we, the woodwork got a workout from us too.

I'd say blackpool were lucky that most of our team had been away on international duty,while they have had two weeks to prepare for us . Add to that Kolo an Yaya Toure missing and Ndj coming into the game off the back of a 14 day witch hunt !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.