We will never win back to back titles

Rolee said:
Lavinda Past said:
Mister Appointment said:
b82zr8.jpg

And that proves he's good...?

No wonder he's grinning like a loon in that picture - He's a tactical know-nowt who got lucky. He's been exposed this year.

Just out of interest, did he get lucky with Villareal too?

What did he achieve with Villareal, Rolee?

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Lavinda Past said:

No wonder he's grinning like a loon in that picture - He's a tactical know-nowt who got lucky. He's been exposed this year.

He had them consistently punching above their weight over a number of years, are you going to deny that?

Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:

He had them consistently punching above their weight over a number of years, are you going to deny that?

No you're right, which begs the question, why isn't he able to get us punching above our weight this season?

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:

No you're right, which begs the question, why isn't he able to get us punching above our weight this season?

I wish I knew. I've read all the differing theories and a lot of them have merit but I'm not having that he's a "tactical know-nowt" when he's proven himself time and again to be anything but.

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:

Lots of reasons have been put forward for why City are under-performing this season but, whatever the reasons, the season is not over yet so we do not for sure how it will be viewed come the end of May.

Mister Appointment said:
Lavinda Past said:
Mister Appointment said:

Just as you were exposed this time last year. We all know you hate him, you've hated him since before he was appointed. Wonder why.
Maybe because he and a few other posters still haven't got over mancini leaving .
It's funny that it seems to be the same few posters who couldn't find a single fault with mancini who blame Pellegrini for everything.

Need to fucking grow up a bit.

OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:

Lots of reasons have been put forward for why City are under-performing this season but, whatever the reasons, the season is not over yet so we do not for sure how it will be viewed come the end of May.

See this is where im stuck, last season I was of this view that I just couldn't put my finger on the problem, obviously some fingers were pointed at it being his first season, some were pointed at new style of play and some were at new players being embedded

The one glaring difference is that at the start of last season we were playing some fantastic football, we wiped the floor with teams at home but individual mistakes were costing us away from home.

But this season im struggling to think of a game where we have even shown glimpses of what we can produce, that can be seen as a positive or a negative depending on which way you look at it, but the main worry is whether Pellegrini can get us playing like that again

Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:

I wish I knew. I've read all the differing theories and a lot of them have merit but I'm not having that he's a "tactical know-nowt" when he's proven himself time and again to be anything but.

Well he also ran up 96 points at Real Madrid (in a year I believe Barca cracked 100). Interestingly, if I remember correctly he implemented the 4-2-2-2 at Real that year and more or less got a constant barrage of criticism from Spanish "Football Manager" players who obviously knew more about managing a football club than Pellers.

We've had plenty of "tactical know-nowts" here in my lifetime. Doesn't seem to me like Pellers is in that group. I think, for example, his usage after the turn of the year of Javi Garcia (first as a sub but later in the XI) in front of the back line actually won us the league last year. This was often done while starting with (gasp) ONE STRIKER. Injury-enforced in some cases, to be fair, but I do believe one from Aguero and Jovetic and Negredo were all theoretically available every time he went with Dzeko alone up top.

Okay, to spare some of you the effort of responding: I am wrong. Pellers is a doddering fool and our title was all down to Stevie Superinjunction slipping. Further, Pellers plays the same formation ALL THE TIME (literally) and knows nothing about managing this (or any other) football club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.