We Will Win the League - They're I've Said It

Let's not get too carried away though eh???
We all know how that lot take care of business in the 2nd half of the campaign!

BlueMoonraker said:
Every team has a bad patch

What if the last 12 games has been our bad patch?
Whey hey!!
I know your only havin a laugh but I really don't think you are too far from the truth. The way I see it, for at least two thirds of the games we've played, we ain't been out of 2nd gear and soon someone is gonna feel the force of our true potential. Frightening!

Lots of people saying the next few matches will be decisive.

I don't agree. Important, yes. Decisive, no.

So what if we lose a couple of games and find ourselves a point or so behind at Christmas. Is it beyond us to claw that back and finish on top by the end? We will have got some really tough games out of the way and will still be in touch with the leaders no matter what. Would the rags be giving up in January if they found themselves say 3 points behind? Of course not.

We have a much better team than the rags, a FAR better squad and we will only get better. Plus I expect we will buy a quality central defender in Jan as replacement/backup for Kolo whilst he's in Africa.

I think we are strong enough to see it out and win, even if we lose a couple of games before Christmas. Of course I would like us to romp home undefeated and finishing 15 points clear, but I don't think that's essential.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I wonder what would happen if United were to lose someone as influential as Rooney anytime soon

Care to elaborate further Tolmie? Go on, you know you want too.

Clearly we've got the best squad, but often in the end it's the mental side that sees a team through. Scum were a poor team last year (and this year) but they have the unfortunate mental hardness to grind out results.

We simply don't know about our mental toughness when it really comes down to it, as we haven't been there yet. Yes, we've shown it in part, eg against Villareal at home, but let's see at the business end of the season.

After tonights performance I've realised we shouldn't get carried away with things. I'm expecting a fierce battle between the current top 7 teams for the title.

When we have it wrapped up mathematically its time for predictions.

A lot of twists and turns to come for sure.

To date we have had a reasonable run with injuries touchwood.

The good thing is that most of the main competitors are relying on a small number of players to get the results they have to date and and if something was to happen to them they may come unstuck.

mancity1 said:
When we have it wrapped up mathematically its time for predictions.

This, a thousand-fold. It's as much a test of character as of prowess.

citymad said:
After tonights performance I've realised we shouldn't get carried away with things. I'm expecting a fierce battle between the current top 7 teams for the title.
Top 7?

Is it wise to discard the evidence of the season to date and go off one game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.