We will win the title this season

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
citymad said:
I know it was a friendly, but today was the first time i felt deep inside that we could make a real go of the title. Please do not bump this if we get beaten by Swansea ok ?
To be honest I've supported city for over 40 years, and as a result of experience, have always aired on the pessimistic side when it comes to expecting anything but a relegation battle, each season.

But, like you, today's display against Inter has even convinced me that we are on the verge of something really special.. Not sure if it will happen this year but I'm certain it will happen next year, once the new players have settled in
Let's not get carried away just on today. I would take into consideration Inter's lack of fitness, lack of first choice players and decline in quality overall from just two seasons ago and I'd rate the team we played today as much of a test as a home game against Fumham or West Brom would be in the Prem!

I don't think we will win it, but we will come close, for sure. I just think United and Chelsea have the experience over us of being in a proper title race.

Your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, i do believe we can win the title, but you have to remember that its just preseason. Sure its good to have a good preseason, and winning is a bonus, but it doesn't necessarily translate to playing well in the premier league.

Remember what happened last preseason... yeah...

First we need a quality goalkeeper to back-up Joe. The way he threw himself around the goal area against Inter made me winch every time he landed. His shoulders are not unbreakable.

Dirty Harry said:
Lucky Toma said:
I think we'll be up there challenging right to the 'business end' of the season.
My fear then though is that, although we have plenty of winners in the side...hell, even World Cup winners, they have never before gone through that tense Prem title fight together. This could be key and could mean we need another year yet before we have a title-winning side.

Having said that I firmly believe we'll do far better in the Champs League than many are predicting. So swings and roundabouts...

A good point mate, but I think we have the right experience not only within the squad but with the likes of Mancini, Kidd, Vieirra aswell who know what it takes, it's an issue no doubt, but I think we've prepared ourselves very well for this very thing, whether it works or not is another thing.

We'll come close either way though I think, right down to the wire.

I know there will even greater pressure this year, but there was plenty of pressure last year too, and this is how we faired on the run-in.

11iet7b.jpg

We hardly "crumbled", did we. I think we have enough winners and enough team spirit to carry it off this year.

EDIT: Fooking Everton!!?!!

I personally think we lack a bit of know how still, we are too honest at times and need to learn how to play referees as the other teams at our level do it ie rags, Barcelona and Inter

I think if we can just stop the sloppy away performances at the lower teams then we will be able to win whatever we want but we need to get streetwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.