We would've got beat with 11 men

Re: We would've got dicked with 11 men

Bit of a strange ststement this one......

Thought we matched them as best we could (11 vs 10) and competed all over the pitch.

As the match went on, it was inevitable we would tire & they would start to use the space & boss the game

Just checked Arsenal's OS and their man of the match voted by their fans was Fabianski!!

LongsightM13 said:
jay_mcfc said:
Believe it or not but I thought it was our best performance in the league. We really seemed to click and every player knew their role. We'll be so much better for this and now I know we can win the league; all after a 3-0 defeat!
Spot on. Never felt so optimistic after a defeat since the 80s, when we lost 1-0 away at Hull on the opening day in Div 2, despite uterly outclassing them. We went on to be promoted. I agree with Mancini that we played like potential champions yesterday. The red card and the injury to Tevez — inflicted by a cynical, deliberate targeting of him by Wenger's 'rorational' foul system, in which he was cruedly attacked every time he got the ball in a dangerous position on halfway — were decisive.
If we had equalised at 1-0, I honestly think we m,ay have even won the game. I certainly think we will finish above that Arsenal side, who had everything go their way yesterday.
They are talking like the fact they beat out 10 men over 86M plus injury time means they are better than us. Does that make West Brom, who comprehensively outplayed their 11 men at The Emirates, make them a better side than Arsenal? I don't think so.

good post longsight and jay
mr pineapple incredible nonsense

I think some people watch these games with an irrational fear in them and their world gets completely undermined when City get beaten. When you can't see what is actually happening and are hit with a major disappointment when the opposition scores their anger is turned on the team in an irrational knee-jerk.
City played out of their skins yesterday when 1 man down at the start of the game and were always going to struggle against one of the top teams in Europe. Our performance was the moon and stars better than a few years ago when this sort of thing happens and the future is exciting. Doom and gloom is now happily not on our agenda.

Timmmmahhhh said:
ultimateharold said:
argument-invalid.jpg

That's amazing!!

Not really...when said cat realized it was a watermelon and not a pumpkin it put it back.
Halloween soon dont you know. :)

The second goal killed the game but very encouraging performance!

I thought City played the better football overall. In the first half if you had come in late you not of instantley realised we had 10 men.
Yes Arsenal are good on the break and they pass the ball really well, 86 minutes is a long time to play with 10 men against any team let alone Arsenal.

The game as a spectical was ruinned by an in consistent ref which ditracted from some of the great football which was played.

As for the result we will never know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.