Weaknesses?

FanchesterCity

Our weaknesses?

- We are a fair bit left flank centric and seem to struggle to get it out right often enough.
- We hold a quite high line and are prone to being caught on the break
- As part of the high line issue, we suffer from Arsenal's former problem.... we can't pass our way through 8-9 defenders
- We aren't good in the air, unless at set pieces, and even then we don't use key tall players well enough
- Dzeko pulls some important goals out of the bag time and again, BUT it only makes me wonder how much more potent we COULD be with a more solid guy (e.g. Torres / Drogba, even Carroll)

All in all, we're a fantastic team, but all teams have weaknesses. Zab isn't ours.

DAMN!!!! this was supposed to be a reply in the Zab thread - not a new thread.
Oh well.... MODS can you delete it?

MancAl said:
Torres? Jesus wept
The lad can play.... but my point is that he's a much more capable player than Dzeko, esp in holding the ball up, or delivering to either Dzeko, or Tevez.

Don't get me wrong - Dzeko's a tryer - but he's not in the same league as 'player'

FanchesterCity said:
MancAl said:
Torres? Jesus wept
The lad can play.... but my point is that he's a much more capable player than Dzeko, esp in holding the ball up, or delivering to either Dzeko, or Tevez.

Don't get me wrong - Dzeko's a tryer - but he's not in the same league as 'player'

ermmm yeah they are? The Premier League

Our weakness at the moment is our lack of ruthlessness. We cant seem to turn our overwhelming possession into goals. All it does is gives the opposition a sniff of an upset, the confidence grows and we start to get anxious.

Whilst I agree with what you say (op) I think we have gone and got a tendency of going a little "gung ho". We used to be a little more methodical in our build up play whilst attacking. We now seem to still play patiently, then all of a sudden pour forward and get ourselves in a bit of a muddle. ie: lose possession, sloppy passes around the box, sloppy positionally, one too many passes in the box. It doesn't happen all the time in the game but more often than it used to. We leave ourselves exposed at the back and then leak sloppy goals. All because we get ahead of ourselves when attacking at times. I think we need to rein it in a little and let ourselves grow into the attacking situation at times, especially when we are in front. A little more intelligent passing, stop rushing and let the ball and quality do the work.

theres only one carlito said:
Whilst I agree with what you say (op) I think we have gone and got a tendency of going a little "gung ho". We used to be a little more methodical in our build up play whilst attacking. We now seem to still play patiently, then all of a sudden pour forward and get ourselves in a bit of a muddle. ie: lose possession, sloppy passes around the box, sloppy positionally, one too many passes in the box. It doesn't happen all the time in the game but more often than it used to. We leave ourselves exposed at the back and then leak sloppy goals. All because we get ahead of ourselves when attacking at times. I think we need to rein it in a little and let ourselves grow into the attacking situation at times, especially when we are in front. A little more intelligent passing, stop rushing and let the ball and quality do the work.
So ......we,re missing a Nigel de Yong then.....yeah.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.