Wealdstone FC for the Charity Shield

bluemanc

HERE: R.I.P SCAR YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED FELLA.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/vie ... f=2&t=3136</a>
Methinks the lads who went last time did us proud & are welcome back,unlike our friends from Trafford.

squirtyflower said:
i don't think they realised that their fans wouldn't be on coaches from manchester unlike when they hosted us
most of theirs will have come in by plane or tube
Yep, must admin I'm a bit peeved with their appalling showing earlier. Still, its made every single Barcelona goal receive a hearty cheer in these parts.
They actually promised 200+ would turn up, but a mini bus full of Welsh rags turned up with a few other stragglers.

Not sure if i'm going to the charity shield, but stopped off at wealdstone for the final. Was a great set up and provided a freindly welcome with an efficient bar ! Would recomend it for any City fans travelling down.

yeah, we were down there
the people there were brilliant and they also played before the game old city matches which was good.
every city fan there was brilliant.<br /><br />-- Sun May 29, 2011 12:50 pm --<br /><br />yeah, we were down there
the people there were brilliant and they also played before the game old city matches which was good.
every city fan there was brilliant.

Wealdstone is great went there both the semis and the final. I unfortunately won't be going to the charity shield either this year I'll be in Ireland when we play them but if other blues are stuck for a place to go then I encourage you to go to Wealdstone.

That link has just topped a great week/month for me. Their massive northern support gone missing again just like at the semi. Don't know 1 single rag who went down y'day. Even without a ticket it would be swarming with blues just to take in the atmosphere. I was at Wealdstone for the final and it was a fantastic day, great atomsphere and a real welcome from them. I encourage any blues to go and support this fine club for the Charity shield/any future finals. Literally 5min walk to the tube and at worst 15mins on the tube to Wembley.

Why use this place just for Wembley, if they are being more than welcoming and doing that extra bit for us Blues then why not use it for London games in general, cant fault a nice friendly place foe a drink before a game.

Cheers for the kind words boys.

Yesterday was wierd. We had 250 booked in as well as an email from one of the travel operators that deal with United saying that there could be many many more ticketless fans coming down to watch the game. No one showed which cost us a good few quid for disco, barbeque, extra staff and so on - so lesson learned there. Keep it blue.

My paranoia gets me thinking it was possibly a wind-up as its been publicised that City had such a good time with us.

Looking forward to seeing you in August.
We're dead handy for QPR (20 mins down the Central line to White City) and Chelsea (35 mins down the Piccadilly line to Earls Court), so when the fixture lists come out we'll see. If we were home the same day time that you were in London we'd try and move our ko time so you could do both games.

Anyway cheers again, got the Swans coming tomorrow. They'll show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.