Wearing your City top in public

Brodymcfc

Good morning
I was reading the thread regarding the city charges and some fans were speaking about being targets for hate/abuse while out and about wearing there Man City tops.

It got me thinking, how many of you have had these sort of issues?

Personally I avoid wearing mine when I’m not attending the game mainly due to being an introvert and I find wearing a football jersey a topic for conversation, whether it’s banter or someone just randomly shouting ‘come on city’.
I can’t be bothered, I like to be left alone.

I have only had one issue of a gang of lads shouting abuse at me when attending a game, it wasn’t banter and could have turned quite nasty, but that’s the only issue I have had.

Just interested in your thoughts regarding this

Wear them with pride all week long. Nobody says anything derogatory and if they did they would regret it quickly.

You have to have a line that isn't crossed if you have respect for yourself. I never let anyone I don't know make a comment towards me I don't like without it being a big problem. I was brought up not to say anything out of turn to people you don't know as you don't know how they will react to it.

Good morning
I was reading the thread regarding the city charges and some fans were speaking about being targets for hate/abuse while out and about wearing there Man City tops.

Personally I avoid wearing mine when I’m not attending the game mainly due to being an introvert and I find wearing a football jersey a topic for conversation, whether it’s banter or someone just randomly shouting ‘come on city’.

I have only had one issue of a gang of lads shouting abuse at me when attending a game, it wasn’t banter and could have turned quite nasty, but that’s the only issue I have had.

I never wear colours for the same reason. Means I can go about my day without being mithered. I've also found I get treated differently when attending away matches, it opens up more options for pubs, and I don't get herded around by the Police.

Good morning

I've always vewed replica kits as something for kids, I loved my sky blue shirt when I was a lad and being Colin Bell at the local park but I've never had one as a grown-up nor do I want one. I don't know how they got started for adults but they're an absolute gold mine for clubs especally as they also have multiple home/away/ cup etc, strips. And of course they change them every year, and absolute masterpiece of marketing! I have a couple of polo shirts with small City logos but I just like them as polo shirts.

I wore my Oil Club hoodie while away in Leeds a couple of months ago and got a bit of abuse from scrotes in the streets. Morecambe isn’t too bad for wearing Vity tops out and about - lots of young kids wear them now.

Don’t usually wear City shirts apart from when going to the game. Walked the 2 miles to the tram stop yesterday there and back and no issues. I’ve had “115” comments about us when I am wearing something like a City t-shirt, hoodie or cap but I usually just respond with “I don’t give a shit, mate” and they don’t go any further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.