Weather accuracy

Going on holiday in 20 days and the weather says it’s Going to be raining a lot. How accurate is the weather forecast that far in advance.

It’s Spain
I remember a guy in the Met Office telling me that beyond about 3-5 days the forecast is only accurate about 50% of the time. So at 20 days out it's probably nothing more than an educated guess and just what the computer models are saying at the moment. I wouldn't base any decisions on it until much closer to real time.

I remember a guy in the Met Office telling me that beyond about 3-5 days the forecast is only accurate about 50% of the time. So at 20 days out it's probably nothing more than an educated guess and just what the computer models are saying at the moment. I wouldn't base any decisions on it until much closer to real time.
This, a friend worked for Met Office, and said after 48hrs it's all 'best guess' ....and wouldn't rely on an accurate forecast for the same day....unless it says sunny in the Sahara.

Going on holiday in 20 days and the weather says it’s Going to be raining a lot. How accurate is the weather forecast that far in advance.

It’s Spain
A lot of weather that far out is often based on seasonal averages. 10-14 days out forecasts are more likely than not predictions based on real world data using high fidelity data modelling. Even then, not particularly accurate.

I've got one of those weather radar apps and I make my own forecast for the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.