Wedding Venues in Manchester

All depends on your budget.............I've been to two weddings at the Lowry and they were both brilliant, but drinks for guests were proper expensive..............six quid for a bottle of Peroni, eight quid for a single shot (more with a mixer)........got to think about how much is costing your guests

Blumers Bloomers said:
All depends on your budget.............I've been to two weddings at the Lowry and they were both brilliant, but drinks for guests were proper expensive..............six quid for a bottle of Peroni, eight quid for a single shot (more with a mixer)........got to think about how much is costing your guests

Good post.

The best weddings I've been too have been at dumps where the grog is cheap as chips.

If you wanna impress everyone with how much you can afford to blow on your wedding, then go the whole hog and stick a couple of grand behind the bar.

de niro said:
our eldest girl got married at the midland in 2012. fabulous.

can't believe i forgot the midland.
the octogon bar is quite possibly my all time favourite place for drinks.

feedthegoat said:
Don't do it.

^^^ a worthy perspective, ehehe

- I eloped the first time, and saved my in-laws their life savings (which they were planning on splashing out for their daughter's big day) fortunately, as five years later we were getting divorced (after a total of nine years together)

my mother never stopped crying about how (after a secret wedding when we fessed up a year later) she was denied her day, but all crocodile tears methinks in front of her counterpart (my mother-in-law)

considering 42% of all people end up getting divorced, I'd start off asking who the wedding's for, and then work backwards.

(I personally don't care too much about big events, although I've been to enough of them I would question whether money is better applied to a house down-payment, a car, or a honeymoon etc etc)

- second time around I was getting it done on the beach in the Caribbean (my ex is from there and over half the folks who attended were from the islands) with all the dressing up despite it being a bit hot, and it was a lot of fun.. we basically bought out the entire restaurant from mid-afternoon onwards - which had a couple of guest rooms & two-tier seating with a curvy open-air staircase & dancing patio, palm trees etc; not as much as paying for a venue and on top of that paying over-the-odds for catering.

I had my wedding breakfast/evening do at the Lowry. The suite we stayed in(amazing btw) and cake(from Slatterys) included in the package was worth about £1700 alone. When we priced equivalent with other venues like the Galleon near Didsbury it was cheaper!!! We put cash behind the bar so guests had at least one free drink. It was an expensive bar but the guests said it was the best do they'd been to. Food/buffet etc were top notch etc.

<a class="postlink" href="http://unitedevents-manutd.com/celebrations/wedding-reception-venue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://unitedevents-manutd.com/celebrat ... ion-venue/</a>

Strictly speaking not in Manchester though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.