Weird Away Days

I think my weirdest awayday was to Wimbledon at Selhurst Park. On the way home on the train my mate and I agreed that the highlight of the day had been our post-match visit to the secondhand bookshops in Charing Cross Road. The match itself had been beyond shite. In fact, I don't think it was that good. The sort of game that makes you wonder why you bother.

Thank God we are light years away from those days now.

I think my weirdest awayday was to Wimbledon at Selhurst Park. On the way home on the train my mate and I agreed that the highlight of the day had been our post-match visit to the secondhand bookshops in Charing Cross Road. The match itself had been beyond shite. In fact, I don't think it was that good. The sort of game that makes you wonder why you bother.

Thank God we are light years away from those days now.
yeah like Derby away 1989

Reading was voted the worst away ground to go to. It's in the middle of a retail trading estate. Don't think there is a pub within a mile of the Stadium. Found one eventually after the game, got in at 22:20 and the bar closed 10 minutes later.

Used a hotel bar for Reading in the Youth Cup and the town centre for Reading in the league. It was the match after Mancini had been sacked.

Reading was voted the worst away ground to go to. It's in the middle of a retail trading estate. Don't think there is a pub within a mile of the Stadium. Found one eventually after the game, got in at 22:20 and the bar closed 10 minutes later.

Only been once and it must have took the best part of an hour just to get off the M4 at the Reading junction

First trip to Birmingham, must have been late 80's. Got to the pub near the ground and City fans were behind the bar filling their pints up(I'm sure one of the cheeky c@nts charged me). Paid in their end with the worst Brummy accents you'll ever hear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.