Weird Away Days

Ah 9/11. A very strange game. Listening to events unfold on the way down and then spending a few days watching and listening to the Yanks demanding retribution against everybody except the nation that provided the majority of the hijackers.

I remember that well, as a 16 year old shitting my pants as it kicked off fans on the pitch I ended up in the paddock separated from my dad and mates only some kind older geordies saved me from a kicking, I remember Newcastle brown ale bottles raining down on us, I seem to remember some rangers fans in with us fighting the geordies, we won 3.1 I seem to remember.
A very scary day.
I didn't see any of the game, and certainly no goals, Gowling scored for them and Owen and Royle scored for CIty, plus an OG. The TV people were not there. No recordings seem to exist. Would love to see it if anybody knows better.

Stoke away late 80s, boxing day i think cos thousands of city fans in fancy dress.
Rowdy atmosphere at the old Victoria ground that day with a few pitch invasions
but best moment was some fecker dressed as E.T. ran upto the ref and gave him the
middle finger haha quality.
Love to see that again today, with pissface Michael Oliver being the ref

Blackburn away October 1st 2011.
4/0 win after the Bayern Tevez game.
Boiling hot day made worse by the plastic roofing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.