Weird food mixtures that 'work'

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Without reading the other posts what about sliced apple butties? Used to love 'em as a kid, not sure I'm brave enough to try them now!

Memories - Scrumping apples / rhubarb whatever, pinching some bread from your mates kitchen, lunch sorted. Sugar butties were a treat too - The kids won't believe me when I tell them about such luxuries.

Lavinda Past said:
Without reading the other posts what about sliced apple butties? Used to love 'em as a kid, not sure I'm brave enough to try them now!

Memories - Scrumping apples / rhubarb whatever, pinching some bread from your mates kitchen, lunch sorted. Sugar butties were a treat too - The kids won't believe me when I tell them about such luxuries.
Ahh yes, sugar butties! Kids nowadays haven't lived have they!
We also had Brown sauce butties for our tea back in the day also. They were a delicacy in Collyhurst flats in the 70's!

Lavinda Past said:

We also had Brown sauce butties for our tea back in the day also. They were a delicacy in Collyhurst flats in the 70's!

It seems unbelievable that 50 years ago, I'd get in from school, change, go out, play footie until about 5:30, have two jam butties for tea, later on pinch a couple of chips off dad's plate for supper and bed by 7:30.

Nostalgia - It really pisses you off sometimes doesn't it?

Lavinda Past said:
Lavinda Past said:

It seems unbelievable that 50 years ago, I'd get in from school, change, go out, play footie until about 5:30, have two jam butties for tea, later on pinch a couple of chips off dad's plate for supper and bed by 7:30.

Nostalgia - It really pisses you off sometimes doesn't it?
Aye lad, aye! Them were t'days.....

another generation said:
city diehard said:
Sweet and savoury should not cross paths, it's just wrong.
Wrong. Try a combination of honey and Marmite.

As for the people trying combinations of food in Norway, you can't get worse than the Noggie combination of mackerel-in-tomato-sauce (aka road kill) and mayonnaise. Still haven't psyched myself up to try it. Tried the above 'road kill' together with chocolate spread, as a dare. I don't recommend it.

I also had this in a tin. Bought it from a spar and had it for lunch on the slopes, was quite nice actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.