Weird food mixtures that 'work'

LongsightM13 said:
I'll tell you one thing that's fucking wrong. Meat and fruit together. It's just sick.
Pineapple on a pizza, sultanas in a balti pie or those otherwise nice Morrocan/Leb dishes that they do their best to ruin by putting dates/raisins etc in a lamb stew.
Just wrong. Perverted. Fruit is for afters.

I've gone off you.

Jack Daniels sauce and chicken, gorgeous.

Dirty Harry said:
LongsightM13 said:
I'll tell you one thing that's fucking wrong. Meat and fruit together. It's just sick.
Pineapple on a pizza, sultanas in a balti pie or those otherwise nice Morrocan/Leb dishes that they do their best to ruin by putting dates/raisins etc in a lamb stew.

I've gone off you.

Longsite is right. Fruit should not be allowed in savoury dishes. Sweet things are a bit different as honey is ok in some recipes, sweetcorn, peppers etc all ok. But they are not fruit. The only fruit acceptable is tomato.

Why would you put pineapple on a pizza or sultanas in a curry. Its just wrong. It makes me wretch and I can't actually watch someone eat things like that. I just look away. Its digusting.

i saw jamie oliver say cheese, honey and instant coffe granules are a good mix... i gave it a try and i just cant see what he is on about, its shit

johnmc said:
I put that much salt and hot sauce on my food it just all tastes the same anyway

made me smile.

not weird but didnt wanna make a new thread. i just bought some sea bass for me tea tonight, can anyone tell me the best way to cook it as iv'e never had it before.

i have lemon etc... already

johnmc said:
Dirty Harry said:
LongsightM13 said:

I've gone off you.

Longsite is right. Fruit should not be allowed in savoury dishes. Sweet things are a bit different as honey is ok in some recipes, sweetcorn, peppers etc all ok. But they are not fruit. The only fruit acceptable is tomato.

Why would you put pineapple on a pizza or sultanas in a curry.
Its just wrong. It makes me wretch and I can't actually watch someone eat things like that. I just look away. Its digusting.

The question should be 'Why wouldn't you ?'

Tuna/chicken and pineapple pizza, pineapple, apple and bananas in curries, wonderful stuff (ever tried a lamb & apple Korma ?) Delicious. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.