Weiss

leighton said:
First real test to see just how good he is will be this Sunday against Celtic. Dont forget he is still young this season will do him wonders. I feel he will replace SWP for next season think he will be on his way. I think he will be looking to play more games and at the moment he isnt getting a look in at the moment and will be left behind.

Have you ever seen a Celtic rangers game?
They dont play football, It looks more like rugby. Weiss will be lucky to survive.

Do you think Weiss will still make it here?

Looking at Bale.. even Lennon.. you know Huddlestone, Mikel, Fletcher, Lassana Diarra.
Some quality players have been left languishing on the bench cause they've been bought as youngsters or come through the academy.. It's not always about quality.. Sometimes it's because you buy Silva for millions so he can't get a chance..

I mean this article discusses it more & goes into depth <a class="postlink" href="http://bit.ly/angpze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bit.ly/angpze</a>

But, Weiss is a quality player there's no doubt, but sometimes until "Sky".. the Radio & people in football see it Live on a UCL night.. Players like him will not get the recognition they need..
to get a regular run.. It happened to Bale... he didn't just get better.. it's just that he got a chance to prove himself..

I hope Weiss grows into a monster when he gets to 23/24

Weiss has the potential to be as good as Johnson (A). I hope he has a future at City. He may be one of ours but our acedemy need to produce a better quality of player these days. The days of producing players like Floods and Croft have gone. Weiss is now going to have to compete with a world cup winner and 2 England internationals currently.

zoffie said:

Looking at Bale.. even Lennon.. you know Huddlestone, Mikel, Fletcher, Lassana Diarra.
Some quality players have been left languishing on the bench cause they've been bought as youngsters or come through the academy.. It's not always about quality.. Sometimes it's because you buy Silva for millions so he can't get a chance..

I mean this article discusses it more & goes into depth <a class="postlink" href="http://bit.ly/angpze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bit.ly/angpze</a>

But, Weiss is a quality player there's no doubt, but sometimes until "Sky".. the Radio & people in football see it Live on a UCL night.. Players like him will not get the recognition they need..
to get a regular run.. It happened to Bale... he didn't just get better.. it's just that he got a chance to prove himself..

Weiss is very nearly 23/24. That is the problem.

He is never going to be a top player.

You are talking rubbish about players like him not being played because we've bought Silva. We've bought 3 top players that can play as CB over the past 14 months, yet Boyata is getting game time. This is because he is young, and could be good enough for where we're going.

If a youth player is good enough, they'll get their chance. If not, they can play for a weaker team.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
If he had a future at City he wouldn't be on loan in the SPL....

Completely disagree
At Ibrox he will have to grow up very quickly and learn when to hold the ball and when to pass.
The rangers fans will hero worship a skillful winger but will be very quick to let someone know if and when they are not playing as required.
With three England wingers already at the club competting for at most two positions, Vlad was not going to get much time on the pitch, but if he continues to improve at Rangers he will be at least as good if not better than any of the wide players we have at the club.
(I dont class Davy Silver as a winger as he is better suited as a midfield playmaker)

CTID Chris said:
zoffie said:

Weiss is very nearly 23/24. That is the problem.

He is never going to be a top player.

You are talking rubbish about players like him not being played because we've bought Silva. We've bought 3 top players that can play as CB over the past 14 months, yet Boyata is getting game time. This is because he is young, and could be good enough for where we're going.

If a youth player is good enough, they'll get their chance. If not, they can play for a weaker team.

He is 20 years old, 3 or 4 years at that early stage make all the difference.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
If he had a future at City he wouldn't be on loan in the SPL....

Don't necessarily agree with that. The lad needs playing time and he's getting that; plus he got a chance to shine against Valencia in the CL. It's getting tougher all the time for younger players to break into the first 11 but Weiss can do it, with a lot of luck, mind, but he can if he continues to impress and develop. I don't think he'll be able to be a first-teamer but as a backup/impact sub, who knows? I always try to be positive about youth players until they're either released or sold, but it's up to Weiss now to shape his future. It's good that he's playing, at least.

law74 said:
With three England wingers already at the club competting for at most two positions, Vlad was not going to get much time on the pitch, but if he continues to improve at Rangers he will be at least as good if not better than any of the wide players we have at the club.

But will SWP get the "this is our academy!" sympathy contract or be shipped out as he would be at any other top club (wasn't good enough for Chelsea when he was twice the player he is now)? Think I'd take the unpredictability factor of Vlad right now than Shauny. And I do love Shauny but even as a winger in reserve now he just seems to have lost so much (he did make one nice run yesterday but everything else he did, he seemed to botch).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.