Welcome Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually know how bad the injury is?
If I'm right it's a muscle injury (thigh, more specifically) and I don't know whether Pep just misspelled something but I can recall that in one of his press conferences he said it's been an ongoing problem for 10 months for him. Could be true that he played with an injury when the season ended and they had important games, as he even missed one or two.

We all know how seriously Pep and his fitness staff see muscle injuries, so I think the club will make it absolutely sure that he's going to fully recover now. Now that we have also Danilo, I think we should be just fine.

He seems a really lovely guy with a great sense of humour and an appreciation for his supporters, and the exchanges between him and his teammates have been fantastic to read.

Some of these tweets are absolute gems by the way:

Translation: Good luck to the defenses in Ligue 1 #sorry #notsorry lol [RE Neymar's move to PSG]

Then a PSG fan replies "So that's why you left City?" to which Mendy replies (in French) "lol I felt the wind turn".

He THEN goes on to accuse PSG of copying him in their Neymar announcement tweet by posting something that roughly translates into "I already did that":

I'm not quite sure what this one means but it was clearly a jibe at Bernardo Silva's expression in the picture he's replying to, to which Bernardo replies something along the lines of 'Go to bed you!!!" and Mendy just puts a load of laughing emojis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.