Welcome Claudio Echeverri | Will join up with first team squad in January (p 16)

fyi, Arg has qualified for the Final Stage with Brazil, Venezuela, Paraguay - 4 team group, 3 matches each on Feb 5/8/11, top 2 teams go to the Olympics - afterwards CE will head back to River Plate for Spring cup matches and Copa Libs

Certainly looks a talent, we’ve got him at a bargain price as well.

Look forward to seeing him in blue in a few years time.

I have written about Echeverri in my latest newsletter post, linked below.

He is a special talent that is going to look rough or like he is a kid right now given his need to develop physically. All the stuff on the ball, passing vision and dribbling through players just can't be taught at City or on loan. Him being sharper with defensive positioning, using his explosive pace to recover balls and better body positioning to win aerial duels can be. Going to grow physically this year as we have seen with other City players who came through young.

2025 I reckon he is pushing for a squad position and impressing us all in pre-season.

CE started for Arg against Ven, lasted 55m - very up and down performance, some nifty attacking actions but too many turnovers. Left with the score 1-1. Both teams went down a man just before half ... both reds for bouncing the ball off an opponent's head. lolz

Edit: somebody did a compilation for him vs Ven - match ended 2-2:

Last edited:
CE started for Arg against Ven, lasted 55m - very up and down performance, some nifty attacking actions but too many turnovers. Left with the score 1-1. Both teams went down a man just before half ... both reds for bouncing the ball off an opponent's head. lolz

Edit: somebody did a compilation for him vs Ven - match ended 2-2:

Arg 3 - 3 Paraguay ... Arg will need a result vs Brazil in their last group game to advance to the Olympics.
CE came off the bench today at 62m. Somebody's already put up a few clips on YT ...

Arg 3 - 3 Paraguay ... Arg will need a result vs Brazil in their last group game to advance to the Olympics.
CE came off the bench today at 62m. Somebody's already put up a few clips on YT ...

I watched it on my dodgy box. On Fox Sports 2.

He did one nice pass which should've led to an assist and was constantly asking for the ball. Apart from that he didn't impact the game very much. His defensive work pretty non-existent and he gives the ball away quite a bit.

In his defence, Argentina are not a great side at this level and the pitches they're playing on look terrible. Felt to me like he was trying to avoid getting hurt, which is understandable given Paraguay were full of cloggers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.