Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Pep hasn't spoken to Erling at all is a little surprising, to me.

He’s still a Dortmund player and has a game at the weekend.

Guardiola coming out and saying “yeah been speaking to him every week for two years” would be a bit disrespectful to Dortmund.

He’s still a Dortmund player and has a game at the weekend.

Guardiola coming out and saying “yeah been speaking to him every week for two years” would be a bit disrespectful to Dortmund.

Yeah, maybe he's just telling a white-lie. I'd be surprised if the two haven't spoken at all, but maybe it's true.

Yeah, maybe he's just telling a white-lie. I'd be surprised if the two haven't spoken at all, but maybe it's true.
Know he’s not popular on here but Sam Lee said in his article about the behind the scenes stuff that they’ve spoken on the phone (also said he’d even visited the CFA a couple weeks ago)

Last edited:
Not concerned about the release clause. In a twisted way, it’s a good thing.

We don’t hold players hostage. If they want to go, we let them go. The downside of that is that they may well go for less than we’d want - because we’d (mostly) rather sell at a discounted rate than have a pissed off player in the dressing room.

£150m+ release clause means if Haaland wants to go, he can go - but his destination can pay the fuck up and pay through the nose, or leave the room.

Release clause is not an issue. It arguably protects us more than it protects Haaland, because we don’t do hostages anyway. We are not Spurs.

The release clause may be true, it might not be. Who gives a toss?

The guy is among the hottest properties in world football. He was available for relative peanuts and he is coming to Manchester City. He will never be available for cheaper than what he was now, and this idea that the likes of Real/Barca/Bayern/whoever the frig you want, would rather pay £150m in 2 years time than get him for £50m now is absolute horseshit. If they could have gotten him now, they would, but again, he wants to come to us.

I would rather pay £50m now and get 2 or 3 incredible years out of him, than do what United did and say no to release clause (if it even exists) and him go somewhere else. If in 2 or 3 years he fancies a change of scenery, he will get his wish, because we don’t hold players at the club who don’t want to be here. That is why it matters not if there is a release clause because the outcome will be the same either way.
Top post Ninja
Take a boo son.

I'm not mad on the idea of there being a release clause because it feels like he's already thinking of his next move.

That said, there's not a better deal out there at the moment so I can live with it.

Not concerned about the release clause. In a twisted way, it’s a good thing.

We don’t hold players hostage. If they want to go, we let them go. The downside of that is that they may well go for less than we’d want - because we’d (mostly) rather sell at a discounted rate than have a pissed off player in the dressing room.

£150m+ release clause means if Haaland wants to go, he can go - but his destination can pay the fuck up and pay through the nose, or leave the room.

Release clause is not an issue. It arguably protects us more than it protects Haaland, because we don’t do hostages anyway. We are not Spurs.
£130+ mil buys you a lot of player too...not like losing him for £51 mil lmao.

Besides he might love it at city we have a great enviroment and he's a fan too.

Know he’s not popular on here but Sam Lee said in his article about the behind the scenes stuff that they’ve spoken on the phone (also said he’d even visited the CFA a couple weeks ago)
I’ve started warming to him recently

sam not Pep

he comes across well in that Athletic podcast I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.