Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t he still a Dortmund player until July 1st and I’m assuming something to do with his release clause means he is there until at least then? I doubt we’ll see any announcement/media until after that date unfortunately.

Not ITK by any means, just a guess.

Isn’t he still a Dortmund player until July 1st and I’m assuming something to do with his release clause means he is there until at least then? I doubt we’ll see any announcement/media until after that date unfortunately.

Our first payment will be made July 1st from my understanding with when the release clause kicks in and the statements ourselves and Dortmund have made.

Not sure releasing any videos or announcing the deal would affect anything from a financial perspective in what regards to which financial year the fee is included in. Other people would be more qualified then me to comment on that. Finances aren't my speciality as long as the bills are paid and I have money for beer anything more then that I'm out of my depth.

We all know where Haaland is going, when it's announced is really up to the club.

The international window opens on the 1st July but the national windows open on 10th June. So we can do the deals but they can’t be made official until those dates

Our first payment will be made July 1st from my understanding with when the release clause kicks in and the statements ourselves and Dortmund have made.

Not sure releasing any videos or announcing the deal would affect anything from a financial perspective in what regards to which financial year the fee is included in. Other people would be more qualified then me to comment on that. Finances aren't my speciality as long as the bills are paid and I have money for beer anything more then that I'm out of my depth.

We all know where Haaland is going, when it's announced is really up to the club.

Yeah, total guesswork based on that one date from me really.

I just want to see the interview, he’s not one for boring, personality-less interviews at the best of times so his first in a City shirt will be brilliant.

If our accounts run June 1st to May 31st, then I can't see us wanting the deal to appear till June 1st, as we'd have to start paying him in the current financial year. I presume Dortmund will pay his wages for May, especially as he's played for them this month.

We can still announce his signing. The first payment / accounts will show whatever date his contract kicks in. Those two dates aren’t one and the same.

July 1st is when the transfer window opens and he can be registered with FIFA as a City player. That just means he can play for us.

His contract may start before then, he may train with us before then, and we may announce him before then.

Hasn't this already been done ?

The fact he's pictured wandering the Etihad campus in a City shirt, and having a meal with bosses in Tast, is all the proof I need.
Yeah, as in we can drop the video whenever we (read: City’s marketing department) wants at this stage.

I’m sure it’ll be timed for maximum effect with shirt sales also in mind. Perhaps after the CL final, or when Jesus’ future is resolved (Number 9 or Number 15).

Me? I hope it’s in about 10 minutes because I can’t wait!

Didn’t a member of our forum that works for the media section of the club say nothing to be released before July 1st?
Idk but I don’t know why it would be an issue. Of course he won’t be *officially* ours until July 1st just like when Bernardo was announced in late May… The tweet below was the first one released but the first interview and all the photoshoot pics were dropped the same day… don’t know why with Erling we would need to wait. Monaco still paid Bernardo’s wages until July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.