Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there's going to be a pretty significant learning curve for him as I've said before. It's possible our games will be more open with him thus stretching the field allowing him to thrive behind defenses but on the whole I think we'll still dominate possession and he'll have defenders all over him in/around the box, which wasn't necessarily the case more often than not at Dortmund.

Bet you prefer Nunez ;)

I think it's his attitude that will be the most interesting to see. He has that ruthlessness that Ronaldo/Messi have where they want to score the 6th goal as much as the 1st.

We have a lot of players who could do with a bit more of that for their personal legacies and accolades - which then turns into team performance and fear factor.

Yes, I don't want to call him a hand grenade being thrown into our dressing room, as Pep seems to emphasise humility in his squad.

But he has coached Messi and, when you have a player of such ruthless quality, I'm certain Pep might actually welcome someone like Erling coming in and challenging his team-mates, making them less comfortable?

We have lost a big voice in Fernandinho, Haaland seems to let his goals do the talking, but he seems to be a guy in a rush to cement his own legacy in the game?

I just think this is a fantastic signing on so many different levels, from challenging others to step up to the plate, to perhaps Kevin and Phil moving to an even higher plain.

You bring up a good point as Tolmie just did. I think just the attention he demands alone will allow other players to score more.
I've just been looking at the PL records website and if I was a betting man, then there's a few in there I'd fancy a flutter on.

Most PL goals (presently 106)
Most home wins (presently 18)
Best goal difference (presently +79)

Sometimes you just have to sit back and think how on earth have we got from the 1999 season, 5 mins before the Dikov goal to this ? Now we just need a Pep extension.

Definitely mate. I was thinking before that I was in the temporary ''Gene Kelly Stand'' (as it was unofficially known) at Maine Road for Alfie Haaland's home debut against Sunderland. To think I'll be watching his son, one of the most sought after players in the world, play for City is very surreal and makes me feel old!

Fans of other clubs, usually united and Liverpool, conflate success and history. Every club has a history and stories about their club, unique to them. The journey that our fan base has been on over the last 25 years in particular, is as Pep would say, in-cred-ible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.