Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he plays every game he's fit. I think that may have even come up in the discussions prior to the transfer. He's used to being the main man no way will he have signed if we said "Pep's gonna bench you for half the games."

He's also got his feet up for two months when the World Cup comes around. He will start every game he's fit for.

So the search to replace Aguero finally ends with Haaland. The ideal replacement for our King.

To go from it almost being Kane to having no real number 9 for this past season, winning the league again and then adding the best young striker on the planet in Haaland is surreal.

Wish the season was starting already, going to be a long month and a bit wait to see him line up for us.

I'm not just excited for his talent and goals, but what he will do for those around him?

There's that saying a high tide lifts all boats, and I think Erling will be that person.

Just as Ronaldo was for Real Madrid, as Bale has been for Wales, what Van Dijk has been for the Dippers.

I don''t think we have had this kind of player since Vinny left?

While acknowledging what KDB, Sergio/Dave do/did for us, in terms of stepping up in some big moments, there is a physical aura and arrogance from Haaland which I think could bring the likes of Raheem and Jack to the party.

Teams will have to double-up on him and that'll give everyone else more room. Even if Haaland doesn't destroy the league next season, it'll mean Foden's getting 20 goals, Grealish 15 maybe etc etc...

PL goals
9ff9c888ebc1bc2f4718e5b71472f9c9.jpg
You could always cover that by betting he will score 3 PL headed goals all season at evens. That a cert yes?

I think he plays every game he's fit. I think that may have even come up in the discussions prior to the transfer. He's used to being the main man no way will he have signed if we said "Pep's gonna bench you for half the games."
I assume that's the case at Dortmund and his final season at Salzbury, but he averaged 32 full games each of his last three seasons.

He's also had 11 injuries in those 3 seasons.

Sergio was the best goalscorer the PL has seen, and he was subbed all the time to keep him fresh. There is no way we'll let Haaland is going to be playing 90 minutes against teams in the bottom half of the PL when there's likely a bigger game a few days later.

Pep may change the way we play for him, but he's not going to change personality overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.