Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better ways to force the club to renegotiate the contract every year without putting a buy out clause.
In Barcelona we know this very well unfortunately
The only thing I hope is that he doesn't go to Madrid and City may have made a mistake with that buy out clause.

There were many doubts about Haaland's physical condition these last 2 years, last season Erling missed 16 games.
That is why Erling demanded his club not to publish any more updates on his injuries, so that it would not be an obstacle in his future contract.
City may be taking all the risk of the deal so that in 2 years Madrid can take him more mature and ready for an elite team.
And if he eventually has serious physical problems Haaland will hold on to his contract.

Cule theory dude!

I'm under no illusion that he may be off to Madrid at some point....but I don't really care

We have the world's hottest striker at the club....what a time

Let's hope he can fire us to the champions league

But if Madrid have to pay €200mil for a player we paid €60mil for it'll still be a gold deal....we aren't Barcelona we won't shit ourselves if he leaves and panic

Let's enjoy him for as long as he's here and not worry about when he's leaving before he's even played a game
They can have him for 500mil

I'm under no illusion that he may be off to Madrid at some point....but I don't really care

We have the world's hottest striker at the club....what a time

Let's hope he can fire us to the champions league

But if Madrid have to pay €200mil for a player we paid €60mil for it'll still be a gold deal....we aren't Barcelona we won't shit ourselves if he leaves and panic

Let's enjoy him for as long as he's here and not worry about when he's leaving before he's even played a game

Yup, we can't be naive and think he will stay here forever.
Hopefully he will be a great signing for us and if he moves many years later , it can be done in a mutually beneficial way.

There are better ways to force the club to renegotiate the contract every year without putting a buy out clause.
In Barcelona we know this very well unfortunately
The only thing I hope is that he doesn't go to Madrid and City may have made a mistake with that buy out clause.

There were many doubts about Haaland's physical condition these last 2 years, last season Erling missed 16 games.
That is why Erling demanded his club not to publish any more updates on his injuries, so that it would not be an obstacle in his future contract.
City may be taking all the risk of the deal so that in 2 years Madrid can take him more mature and ready for an elite team.
And if he eventually has serious physical problems Haaland will hold on to his contract.
Have you recently moved from Switzerland?

Your post style is reminiscent to a Barcelona fan from that region, fortunately he was eventually banned.

He has not even played 1 game for City and in Spain they are already saying that Madrid will pay Haaland's 150 million clause in 2024 because by then Benzema will have to be replaced.

Anyway, I would like to know your opinion about Haaland putting a release clause, it is something rare and even more so in England.
In my opinion it doesn't seem to be a sign of commitment to the project, to be honest.

On the other hand, in the strictest sense of the value of the movement it is positive.
City will have the biggest prospect in the world for 2 years and if he leaves after those 2 years the signing will be amortized and they will make a profit on the transfer (if the figures that have come out are what they are, which I doubt).

Actually, this wasn't too bad of a post, so I will say this.

No-one on here listens to Spanish media about player movements, they are all pretty much Madrid or Barca sponsored and nothing more than propaganda outlets. A review of the Spanish media throughout the Haaland episode proves that, more or less. So coming on here spouting Spanish media isn't a great idea.

As for a release clause, some people on here say there is one, but for much more than 150 million euros. Who knows? Frankly, I am not arsed. If I was him, I would have one. but we have a pretty good track record of keeping the players we want, so I am cool about it. At worst, we get him for two years, then sell him for a large profit and lots of cash for a replacement. What's the problem?

If you want to survive on here, try not play opposition fan's Haaland bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.