Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzing like crazy. Great interview from the lad seems humble but focused. Can't wait for the season to start and see Junoir in action.

We all know its been coming but doesn't it feel good now its official,
Really cannot wait to see him play in the city shirt
exciting times,
and welcome to the best team in the land and all the world

De Bruyne and Haaland in the same team is going to be seriously special.

I had a twitch and a rush of blood you know where.

B96-EA5-D3-C74-F-4638-8-AD3-717793-C4-BF47.jpg

Haaland also revealed how Riyad Mahrez had helped played his own small part in persuading him to consider eventually making the move to City when he met up with Algerian winger while the pair were on holiday in Greece last summer.

The duo were pictured on the Greek island of Mykonos relaxing and enjoying themselves after their respective rigours of the 2020/21 season.

At the time, Mahrez tweeted an image of him alongside Haaland, together with the tongue-in-cheek phrase ‘Agent Mahrez at duty’.

tf502759-2.jpg

And Haaland revealed that Mahrez had indeed urged him to consider potentially making the move to the Etihad at some stage in his career.

Asked what Mahrez had spoken to him about, Haaland revealed: “He told me to come to City!

“He was right about that. He said some good things about the Club.”

Delighted. Nice interview too, strikes me as someone very down to earth and ready to work hard to be the best he can.

I'm curious at how the media are handling this though. Most leagues would be delighted a top team has attracted a major name and talent, yet the way we see this being reported is a little different to what you'd generally see in Spain, France or Italy, so far at least. Yet the seem intent to say he won't keep up the goals ratio in our league and to puff up the fee as much as possible, despite it being widely known as a fixed release fee.

But I have a feeling that their apparent willingness for Erling to fail is just fuel for the fire.
Just enjoy the moment, pal. We've just signed a genuine superstar and probably top three most exciting young footballer in Europe. Another of the top three already plays for us. Both grew up as City fans, and we also have the best manager in the world coaching them. This is as good as it gets, fuck what TalkSport are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.