Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Kane fans on my timeline are being salty for no reason. I don't think anyone denies the fact that Kane is a better and more complete player right now. But I would hope they understand why other people would opt for Haaland rather than a striker who turns 30 next year.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Kane would have been the perfect player for the current system we play. He’s the perfect number 9/10 hybrid and it would have been interesting to see how he could have elevated the current system.

That said, if I was to compare both of Pep’s back-to-back PL winning sides, the 100 point and domestic treble side was a much better side than this current side, even if CL performances don’t support my point.

The Centurian side was more explosive, exciting to watch and made teams fearful of us. That was because we regularly put 5+ goals past sides with a top class CF in Kun leading the line.

I think Haaland will bring us closer to that level and if we can keep the defensive mentality of the past few seasons, there’s no limits to what this side can achieve.

Towards the end of this clip Jan talks about how Erling really loves City and is a fan of the club and how rare it is for a player to sign for the club he loves. Craig Burley is generally annoying but he was spot on speaking about how some people in media are trying to find reasons why EH at City won’t work when it’s obvious it will.

ok So what's this shite now I'm getting from all the raggies I know.. 'Haaland really wants to be a Leeds player and has done all his life' So now banging on about how City have messed up the PR on him because he's never been a City fan when he was a kid etc etc
The Rags always seem to have a desperate need to say that players they sign have always been utd fans. If I was them I'd worry more that they keep on overpaying for shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.