Welcome Gundogan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another foreigner who has never worked in UK yet speaks perfect English. How the fuck do they do it? I been struggling with Spanish on and off for 20 years and I'm fucking useless. Anyway, keep him away from our medical team and he should be right as rain in no time.

Funnily years ago a mate of mine spent a couple of months in Germany and come home being rather fluent... Couldn´t spell correctly but he got along speaking it.
Surely helped that everyone around him spoke German, or as he put it.. If you have to ask locals where the bog is you learn quickly

Well Schweingsteiger and Khedira were in front of him when he was in his early 20's.

Then he was out with a back injury from August 2013-March 2015.

Then he was a regular until his latest injury.

He somehow made a "slow start" into professional football, too.
With 18/19 he decided to go from Bochum to Nuremberg instead of doing it like the most footballers on grammar school - they often leave with 18 after 12 years and have a "Fachabitur" - A-levels that let you study in combination with a practical phase or apprenticeship not on normal universities in Germany but on universities of applied sciences. He repeated the 12th form for the change from North Rhein Westphalia to Bavaria (in some areas in Germany you get an easier ride to get your A-levels...) and then made his A-levels in the two years in Nuremberg in addition to do his normal shift as professional footballer.

It is not really normal that Germans with migration background - especially that from Turkey - make their A-levels. And as said - most of the talented footballers on grammar schools skip the last one or two years when they find out that they can go professional or during their time in the U19 as football then already is too professional then and getting fulltime school and fulltime football together is very difficult here.

He blossomed with Dieter Hecking in Nuremburg - same coach Kevin de Bruyne shone with at Wolfsburg...

Actually he is the only player from Dortmund that I would have liked to have in Munich as I watch him since his time in Nuremberg.

He is the type of player Pep will really like - smart on and off the pitch.

Obviously a great footballer with the engine to match. I'm going to reserve judgement until he's on the pitch for us and played a handful of games. The injury situation is a concern however we dress it up. The money spent made it a no brainer though in fairness.

How the fuck did we steal him for £20M?? Awesome bit of negotiating. I'm sure his work rate will put others to shame. It will be great to see him alongside Ferni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.