Welcome Gundogan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reports that I read indicated he had a dislocated patella not a dislocated knee.. The disruption to ligaments may not be as severe and there need be no disruption to the cartilages.
At the end of the day though we have not seen a medical report nor know the extent of the injury.
Correct, he dislocated his knee cap not his knee, there's a vast difference and is the reason he'll be back at the end of August and is nothing to worry about.

As regards his back injury as far as I can see anywhere he came back from that in Oct 2014(?) and has never had a recurrence.

Correct, he dislocated his knee cap not his knee, there's a vast difference and is the reason he'll be back at the end of August and is nothing to worry about.

As regards his back injury as far as I can see anywhere he came back from that in Oct 2014(?) and has never had a recurrence.

It wasn't a back 'injury' he had pre scheduled surgery to alleviate a compression between two spinal discs that he'd had since birth.

All the reports that I read indicated he had a dislocated patella not a dislocated knee.. The disruption to ligaments may not be as severe and there need be no disruption to the cartilages.
At the end of the day though we have not seen a medical report nor know the extent of the injury.
He said himself the ligament got stetched so not torn and also he is ahead on recovery and end aug/early sept he will be back playing,people have brought into him being injury prone when he really is not,the back was 3 seasons ago and a lot of his "injuries" have been illness,vinny and wiltshire are what is injury prone looks like

It wasn't a back 'injury' he had pre scheduled surgery to alleviate a compression between two spinal discs that he'd had since birth.
Ahh, I didn't know that.

And yet even City fans have bought into the 'He's injury prone' crap that the media spout. Unbelievable Jeff.

Gundogans back surgery was done after a long time trying to treat it without surgery and he had a long spell out.
None of us are in the position to know whether a problem may recur or not or its likelihood. In all probability even his own medical team cannot know with certainty.

To deny that there is a risk that his playing time may be limited in the future by recurrent injury is probably not realistic, to claim that the injuries are so bad that a deal should not be done for a very talented player who has come back to good form after the back surgery is equally silly.

None of us are really in a position to know what the risk is as we don't have the detailed knowledge of his medical reports, equally even if we did have the reports we could still take a decision that looks sensible in advance but doesn't work out. Life's like that.

Gundogans back surgery was done after a long time trying to treat it without surgery and he had a long spell out.
None of us are in the position to know whether a problem may recur or not or its likelihood. In all probability even his own medical team cannot know with certainty.

To deny that there is a risk that his playing time may be limited in the future by recurrent injury is probably not realistic, to claim that the injuries are so bad that a deal should not be done for a very talented player who has come back to good form after the back surgery is equally silly.

None of us are really in a position to know what the risk is as we don't have the detailed knowledge of his medical reports, equally even if we did have the reports we could still take a decision that looks sensible in advance but doesn't work out. Life's like that.

Good post I admit that I got it wrong as I thought it was dislocated knee not knee cap.
There is definitely an element of risk, probably higher than many other signings but in an impact sport and player could get injured at any time due to no fault of their own

Great signing and I have every confidence that pep will have checked his injury recovery period, he us a pep player and perfect link from defence to KDB and Sergio.. His pass rate fantastic his dribbling while keeping the ball just what we need.

On the down side we needed players to hit the ground running not make a debut in September...

We need another two midfield players and ones ready for season kick off, worrying is talk of Wiltshire who can be a great player there is no doubting that but can't risk a sick note with gundogan already on the mend..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.