Welcome Gundogan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so it begins...... They all want to play for Pep good signs. Judging by that interview it's what we have been missing hungry players.

I believe he had the same "Are you alright?" once-over by a first-aider that Roque Santa Cruz passed with flying colours.

Good old Crocky. Bless him.

2mx02lt.jpg

How did you arrive at that conclusion? The two big injuries he's had sounded like unfortunate atypical injuries to me.

@Marvin I moved discussion to this forum as its about Gundogan not Wilshere

I think we have to admit there is a large element of risk with this transfer with regard to these injuries, he has major back problems of which root cause is unknown and add to that he has dislocated his knee, a horrific injury which can cause related injuries on recovery.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/knee_dislocation/article_em.htm

Back injuries and Knee injuries are two major causes for concern, how many top players have we seen not fully recover after knee issues?
You have to assume that with a dislocated knee that there will also be ligament and cartilage issues. Most dislocated knees involve injuries to three or four of the major knee ligaments. These include the ACL,PCL, posterolateral corner, and the medial knee structures (including the medial collateral ligament and posterior oblique ligament). In addition, there may be injuries to the medial or lateral meniscus, the articular cartilage

Saying that can't wait to see him play, such an intelligent footballer but to suggest he isn't prone to injuries is a tad delusional imho

I think we have to admit there is a large element of risk with this transfer with regard to these injuries, he has major back problems of which root cause is unknown and add to that he has dislocated his knee, a horrific injury which can cause related injuries on recovery.

Back injuries and Knee injuries are two major causes for concern, how many top players have we seen not fully recover after knee issues?
You have to assume that with a dislocated knee that there will also be ligament and cartilage issues. Most dislocated knees involve injuries to three or four of the major knee ligaments. These include the ACL,PCL, posterolateral corner, and the medial knee structures (including the medial collateral ligament and posterior oblique ligament). In addition, there may be injuries to the medial or lateral meniscus, the articular cartilage

Saying that can't wait to see him play, such an intelligent footballer but to suggest he isn't prone to injuries is a tad delusional imho

Do you think that City are therefore unwise to have paid good money for a player who is likely to be less fit than previously due to his current injury ?

Where's Gundogan going to play? As an attacking midfielder, or behind Silva and De Bruyne. Seems like he is able to play all the midfield roles, but Pep very unlikely to give the team a free-wheeling approach. From what I understand he is very keen on every player having a detailed role and position. A bit like LVG but with flexibility in the final third. So Gundogan to play the role in front of the back 4?

All the reports that I read indicated he had a dislocated patella not a dislocated knee.. The disruption to ligaments may not be as severe and there need be no disruption to the cartilages.
At the end of the day though we have not seen a medical report nor know the extent of the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.