Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Hmm not very impressive compared to some YouTube clips. Hope Pep gets the best out of him as he is young enough to learn.His dribbling is his strength but if he keeps giving the ball away Pep won5 be happy.Wonder if Palmer seeks a move?Hope not.
He seemed to have the ball passed slightly behind him or too slowly so he was facing the wrong way. Rather than just take the easy way out ala FFS, he tried to turn towards the defender to make something happen but by then they had doubled up on him. They missed a few opportunities to put the ball in font of him to give him a good run at one defender. Faster delivery too him (and also from him) would be the way forward.

I haven't seen enough of this player to form a decent opinion on him. If he is a pace merchant, he'll offer us something different. I can't imagine Pep would have signed off a transfer thinking the lad is shit on the ball, so let's see.

He seems a better fit as a wing-back in a 352 formation.

Very excited to see him and he sounds pretty down to earth from his interview,
When it comes to new City signings these days that seems to be pretty much a prerequisite as important as any footballing ability they may have.

Every new signing comes across as being grounded, modest and thoughtful.

Unlike a certain other club who seem to have a policy of only ever signing arrogant, egotistical big heads who appear to have far too much misplaced confidence in their own supposed ability.

Put me on ignore. Put all different opinions on ignore. Your life will be easier.

Or discuss, why isn't he like Traore? I thought that was a fair comparison. Who would you compare him to?
Traore is about pace, Doku is about acceleration and precision in his moves. He's not like Traore because he doesn't do kick and run, rather makes constant starts and stops and keeps the ball under way closer control. Again saying hes "raw" doesn't make sense as technically hes as polished as it gets.

Also Doku has much better anticipation, reactions and timing than Traore, and in general much higher IQ. He is more of a team player that will combine with those around him, a much better crosser and passer, and he picks the moments when to dribble and when to pass much better.

So yes it is a lazy comparison. I would compare him to Ronaldinho and Hazard rather than Traore.

Traore is about pace, Doku is about acceleration and precision in his moves. He's not like Traore because he doesn't do kick and run, rather makes constant starts and stops and keeps the ball under way closer control. Again saying hes "raw" doesn't make sense as technically hes as polished as it gets.

Also Doku has much better anticipation, reactions and timing than Traore, and in general much higher IQ. He is more of a team player that will combine with those around him, a much better crosser and passer, and he picks the moments when to dribble and when to pass much better.

So yes it is a lazy comparison. I would compare him to Ronaldinho and Hazard rather than Traore.
I didn't see a Hazard or Ronaldinho. Maybe he's like them when they were young and raw.

You're right about acceleration rather than speed, his thought processes seem very quick, and with precision (I didn't see that in him) he could be a very very good player. I am confident in our coaching team, they may turn him into something exceptional.

But of all the videos, his skills, his goals, his highlights, his contribution I think this is the most informative. Some good turns of pace and really attack minded, he needs to knock it into the right space though. Imo.

his thought processes seem very quick
Bingo! This is what separates him from the Traores and St Maximins. He reads the game so much better.

I recommend watching the other videos on the channel, they are really informative.
He absolutely destroyed Nottingham, Wolves was not his best performance this preseason but he still made a few great crosses and rarely lost the ball. Its very rare that he has a bad game, its either decent or great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.