Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Traore is about pace, Doku is about acceleration and precision in his moves. He's not like Traore because he doesn't do kick and run, rather makes constant starts and stops and keeps the ball under way closer control. Again saying hes "raw" doesn't make sense as technically hes as polished as it gets.

Also Doku has much better anticipation, reactions and timing than Traore, and in general much higher IQ. He is more of a team player that will combine with those around him, a much better crosser and passer, and he picks the moments when to dribble and when to pass much better.

So yes it is a lazy comparison. I would compare him to Ronaldinho and Hazard rather than Traore.
All of these comparisons are too hasty and pretty moot.

He’s obviously a superb dribbler with great pace. He does, however, need to improve his decision making when making the final ball/shot significantly.

I didn't see a Hazard or Ronaldinho. Maybe he's like them when they were young and raw.

You're right about acceleration rather than speed, his thought processes seem very quick, and with precision (I didn't see that in him) he could be a very very good player. I am confident in our coaching team, they may turn him into something exceptional.

But of all the videos, his skills, his goals, his highlights, his contribution I think this is the most informative. Some good turns of pace and really attack minded, he needs to knock it into the right space though. Imo.

Going of that video he's wank

really looking forward to watching him play, he looks electric, strong too, so built for the Premier league, think Pep will relish turning him into a World class talent.

All of these comparisons are too hasty and pretty moot.

He’s obviously a superb dribbler with great pace. He does, however, need to improve his decision making when making the final ball/shot significantly.
Doesn't everybody?

Thing is Jeremy's decision making is not a weakness. Just because his dribbling is so good doesn't mean any attribute that is not at that level is a flaw.

He reminds me of Ronaldinho more stylistically/aesthetically, of course a more speed oriented version. And Hazard in his balance and coordination with the ball.

Doesn't everybody?

Thing is Jeremy's decision making is not a weakness. Just because his dribbling is so good doesn't mean any attribute that is not at that level is a flaw.

He reminds me of Ronaldinho more stylistically/aesthetically, of course a more speed oriented version. And Hazard in his balance and coordination with the ball.
Of course, but everybody improves from a different starting point.

For the amount of successful dribbles, his goal creation/scoring output is quite small. This is what needs to improve, imho.

Naught to do with Jeremy Doku, but having just watched the "Every Bernardo Silva Goal" video that City put on YT and seeing how many of them in the first six and a half minutes of it were a direct (or indirect) result of Leroy Sane's (and a few times Sterling's) acceleration, creation of space and willingness to be direct in their attack, it made me realize how sorely we've missed that pace on the outside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.