Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

A boy name Sue. Looking forward to watching this lad.

Always find myself randomly singing that Celtic version Jota on the wing, so if we can get this going and I can train my brain to switch it to doku I'll be happy.
Would be a great song for Doku, love the Celtic version.

Sterling has this incredibly unique talent of being disrespected by every fan base he plays for regardless of how well he plays.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea and England fans have all scapegoated him for no reason.
That’s not unique to Sterling. I reckon Joao Cancelo has got the same from every set of fans he’s played for due to him being world class for three months non-stop and then dross for three months (and having a face like a slapped arse doesn’t help!). In one spell people mention that there isn’t a better full back in world football, a few months later the same fans are saying he shouldn’t be picked again and they wouldn’t mind if he was sold.

Inconsistencies frustrate fans. Players being excellent at some things and dross at others, not improving on the things they aren’t good at and fans not knowing what you’re going to get from one game or one moment to another from players is both unfathomable and confusing. Loads of players are like that and fans all get frustrated with them… and Sterling has them in abundance therefore will always be a frustrating, unfathomable and confusing player.

Even Kevin de Bruyne gets this sort of reaction at times because despite him being on a different level to Sterling and Cancelo, he’s one of the most inconsistent players around. de Bruyne can be very average a fair bit of the time, then he’ll pop up with a moment of match-winning magic in a game he hasn’t played well in. And that’s why people still aren’t sure whether he’s better than David Silva despite him being able to reach a level of excellence that David Silva never could.

de Bruyne is by far the best football player to ever play for City, but he isn’t talked about at that level enough by our fanbase because his inconsistencies detract from the level of respect he should get.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant wait to see this lad in action....

has traits to his game that we lack in the squad a little bit...especially his ability to beat his man either side of the fullback and that raw burst of pace over 5 yds - looks like he can finish as well and Im sure Pep will be working on him to get into goal scoring positions like he did with Sterling when he first arrived

He will take time to adapt to the league....we have to remember this guy is still very young and relatively inexperienced

Hopefully he is humble enough to know it will take time for regular game time/starting games - though with injuries he might be required a little more than we would normally take

Sterling has this incredibly unique talent of being disrespected by every fan base he plays for regardless of how well he plays.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea and England fans have all scapegoated him for no reason.
Liverpool fans were deluded just because he left them for us.

Some of our weird fans for unkown reasons didnt like him - but Id say the vast majority of the fan base really appreciated what he did for our club..he was a very good player for the majority of time he was with us

Think he made a bad decision to go to Chelsea - but then again so have a lot of players recently!

That’s not unique to Sterling. I reckon Joao Cancelo has got the same from every set of fans he’s played for due to him being world class for three months non-stop and then dross for three months (and having a face like a slapped arse doesn’t help!). In one spell people mention that there isn’t a better full back in world football, a few months later the same fans are saying he shouldn’t be picked again and they wouldn’t mind if he was sold.

Inconsistencies frustrate fans. Players being excellent at some things and dross at others, not improving on the things they aren’t good at and fans not knowing what you’re going to get from one game or one moment to another from players is both unfathomable and confusing. Loads of players are like that and fans all get frustrated with them… and Sterling has them in abundance therefore will always be a frustrating, unfathomable and confusing player.

Even Kevin de Bruyne gets this sort of reaction at times because despite him being on a different level to Sterling and Cancelo, he’s one of the most inconsistent players around. de Bruyne can be very average a fair bit of the time, then he’ll pop up with a moment of match-winning magic in a game he hasn’t played well in. And that’s why people still aren’t sure whether he’s better than David Silva despite him being able to reach a level of excellence that David Silva never could.

de Bruyne is by far the best football player to ever play for City, but he isn’t talked about at that level enough by our fanbase because his inconsistencies detract from the level of respect he should get.
I personally think David Silva is a better player that KDB....yes KDB can do things that David Silva cannot but Silva ran games consistently on his own...KDB only does that on occasions and is more inconsistent that David Silva was as you say....David Silva was never less than an 7/10 any time he stepped on the pitch.....KDB as you say can be awful at times and miraculous at others....

I also think David Silva affected the whole team more than KDB does - for me its a little like the argument between Messi and Ronaldo....I always preferred Messi as he was more of a team player whereas Ronaldo was all about the individual brilliance....KDB has a little of that in him (though he is much more of a team player than Ronaldo ever was) - what I mean is that KDB can come up with those moments of individual brilliance whereas everything that Silva did was for the team...He didnt get the assists that KDB did because sometimes he was making the pass before the pass that was the assist (usually the harder pass)...

I cant quantify or justify this but it always appears to me that David Silva had more football intelligence than KDB

He was also a lot more resilient on the pitch - no matter how bad things got in a match he never let his head go.....KDB does at times.

This is in no way putting KDB down - he is a miraculous footballer and a generational talent who we are lucky to have BUT for me David Silva is the best Ive ever seen in a city team and criminally underrated when it comes to talk about the best midfielders in premiership history - Id have him over Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes any day and not just cause he played for city....if it wasnt for Iniesta and Gavi along with Messi at Barca I reckon he would have played in that Barca team at some point (think Pep has said somewhere that he really wanted/liked David Silva while he was manager at Barca)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.