Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

I personally think David Silva is a better player that KDB....yes KDB can do things that David Silva cannot but Silva ran games consistently on his own...KDB only does that on occasions and is more inconsistent that David Silva was as you say....David Silva was never less than an 7/10 any time he stepped on the pitch.....KDB as you say can be awful at times and miraculous at others....

I also think David Silva affected the whole team more than KDB does - for me its a little like the argument between Messi and Ronaldo....I always preferred Messi as he was more of a team player whereas Ronaldo was all about the individual brilliance....KDB has a little of that in him (though he is much more of a team player than Ronaldo ever was) - what I mean is that KDB can come up with those moments of individual brilliance whereas everything that Silva did was for the team...He didnt get the assists that KDB did because sometimes he was making the pass before the pass that was the assist (usually the harder pass)...

I cant quantify or justify this but it always appears to me that David Silva had more football intelligence than KDB

He was also a lot more resilient on the pitch - no matter how bad things got in a match he never let his head go.....KDB does at times.

This is in no way putting KDB down - he is a miraculous footballer and a generational talent who we are lucky to have BUT for me David Silva is the best Ive ever seen in a city team and criminally underrated when it comes to talk about the best midfielders in premiership history - Id have him over Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes any day and not just cause he played for city....if it wasnt for Iniesta and Gavi along with Messi at Barca I reckon he would have played in that Barca team at some point (think Pep has said somewhere that he really wanted/liked David Silva while he was manager at Barca)
Yeah im looking forward to watching Doku this season as well

How will Duko line up? Will it be a ...
...I tried but gave up...sorry

Last edited:
Really looking forward to watching this young lad play for us. …. But then I used to enjoy watching Huckerby, and am thinking there may be some strong similarities

I personally think David Silva is a better player that KDB....yes KDB can do things that David Silva cannot but Silva ran games consistently on his own...KDB only does that on occasions and is more inconsistent that David Silva was as you say....David Silva was never less than an 7/10 any time he stepped on the pitch.....KDB as you say can be awful at times and miraculous at others....

I also think David Silva affected the whole team more than KDB does - for me its a little like the argument between Messi and Ronaldo....I always preferred Messi as he was more of a team player whereas Ronaldo was all about the individual brilliance....KDB has a little of that in him (though he is much more of a team player than Ronaldo ever was) - what I mean is that KDB can come up with those moments of individual brilliance whereas everything that Silva did was for the team...He didnt get the assists that KDB did because sometimes he was making the pass before the pass that was the assist (usually the harder pass)...

I cant quantify or justify this but it always appears to me that David Silva had more football intelligence than KDB

He was also a lot more resilient on the pitch - no matter how bad things got in a match he never let his head go.....KDB does at times.

This is in no way putting KDB down - he is a miraculous footballer and a generational talent who we are lucky to have BUT for me David Silva is the best Ive ever seen in a city team and criminally underrated when it comes to talk about the best midfielders in premiership history - Id have him over Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes any day and not just cause he played for city....if it wasnt for Iniesta and Gavi along with Messi at Barca I reckon he would have played in that Barca team at some point (think Pep has said somewhere that he really wanted/liked David Silva while he was manager at Barca)
Silva more football intelligence than KDB! KDB has a football brain like few others, he literally sees things others cannot.

KDB may be more inconsistent than some but he also takes more risks than a lot of players.

He has unique qualities that set him apart from anyone else that has played for us.

Silva more football intelligence than KDB! KDB has a football brain like few others, he literally sees things others cannot.

KDB may be more inconsistent than some but he also takes more risks than a lot of players.

He has unique qualities that set him apart from anyone else that has played for us.
He does see things others cant...but he doesnt run games the way Silva did on a consistent basis....thats what I mean about football intelligence...Silva influenced what other players on both side did and manipulated the whole game.....with and without the ball.....

KDB on the ball as you say will see passes that Silva may not have been able to make but as I said with KDB its more about that individual brilliance that he has with the ball at his feet and the passes he is able to make/goals he is able to score.

I do wonder if Pep had been at City when Silva was younger how he would have developed as well

We havent had a rapid winger since Sane , although Sterling was quick as well , will be interesting to see his development under Pep the only downside is Palmer gets pushed down the picking order and we might lose him.

Welcome to the promise land, the hard work starts here, because without it you will not get off the bench, take Bernardo`s work rate as the norm.

Reading that, how lucky are we all to have had both (and others) at the club in there prime years. My lad is 13 and knows no different, but for those of us a bit older you just couldn't have imagined it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.