Welcome Joao Cancelo

Typical Rag BBC billing this as a £60m buy without factoring in that Danilo was £34m of that.............I make it £26m

Am I right in thinking -

Taking Danilo’s book value into account

(27m amortised over 2 years of a 5 year contract).

His book value was about £17m.

We’ve sold him for 34 so made about 17m on him.

Cancelo’s fee was 26m. Take the 17m
We’ve just made on Danilo away and Cancelo has cost about 9m?

Welcome, Joāo. It’s great to have you here.

He says he’s an offensive full-back, but I don’t find him at all offensive.

;-)

Also, don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this about Danilo, but not a bad return for games to trophies ratio: he won a trophy every 12th game he played!

60 games, 2 titles, 2 league cups, 1 F.A. Cup

Is that the best return for any player at City?

Mendy surely has this wrapped up. And hes not finished yet

Seen about 5 mins live everyone saying he is top quality hope so I judge every player we sign in our team not in a one league team. As long as he is technically good on the ball I cant see him not doing the business for us.

Also, don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this about Danilo, but not a bad return for games to trophies ratio: he won a trophy every 12th game he played!

60 games, 2 titles, 2 league cups, 1 F.A. Cup

Is that the best return for any player at City?

Nah there’s this kid called Mendy who works for the social media relations team. He gets a few trophies every season and he isn’t even a player.

I’m sure Pep will have ideas about formations - it’s one of the things he never tires of - innovation - I said in the thread about a back 3 - surely we don’t need a back 4 when we play park the bus teams who hardly get in our half (probably about 70% of PL teams) and 3 man defence in those games would allow us to get more men forward to break teams down

at home when teams park the bus we only need 2 at the back the rest can bomb forward, its the recovery of the speedy wing backs seeing danger that pep loves, teams that play on the break also like and big man 6ft strong tall striker to hold the ball up and bypass the midfield, teams hitting it long from back to front is also a problem for city and pep ?? but speed in getting back with walker is a key part of the setup, we could go with laporte in the middle of walker and mendy and play a extra holding midfield player, now we have rodri and fernandinho, pep has so many options in the shape its crazy it use be be called 5 and 5 ?? but at home city could be be like 7 and 3 or 8 and 2 with the speed of recovery from the wing backs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.