Welcome Joao Cancelo

A back five of Cancelo, Walker, Stones, Laporte and Mendy (when fit) will be effective in certain games! Great signing.

Good signing and as we know Walkers form dipped last season and Danilo and did a good job. But this lad goes beyond just back up and I would go far as to say Cancelo won't be back up next season it will be Walker.

I'm sure that Prestwich Blue would say that with amortization we made a profit on Danny, not sure of the figures but if he cost £25m over five years, after the 2 season with us his book value was £15m, if we sold him for £35m thats a £20m book profit so Joao cost us £5m

In real life Joao cost us £25m in "cash" and Danny, Danny cost us £25m so ultimately Joao cost us £50
giphy.gif

Interesting to hear he's been learning English for the last few months. The deal must half been on the table a good while.

I don't know why people can't wrap their heads around the fact that he cost 60 million.
So, we gave them Danilo for nothing, gratis and paid £60M to Juve!!!! Add that to your CV and you are a shoe in for S Stones holiday cover.

I'm sure that Prestwich Blue would say that with amortization we made a profit on Danny, not sure of the figures but if he cost £25m over five years, after the 2 season with us his book value was £15m, if we sold him for £35m thats a £20m book profit so Joao cost us £5m

In real life Joao cost us £25m in "cash" and Danny, Danny cost us £25m so ultimately Joao cost us £50

On the balance sheet, it has cost us £40m (the cash plus the book value of Danilo).

Only shared because you asked, mate. ;-)

We could indeed debate part of this forever, but I wouldn’t debate the book value, as I couldn’t, given I don’t know enough about the transaction to do that. In my world we refer to that as having an insufficient universe for analysis (returning to low confidence).

But I think we can both agree that net basis can be used for a cash + in-kind (with agreed upon valuation) transaction for setting intrinsic value of the discrete transation, in this case Cancelo for Danilo plus cash, yes?

We’re obviously operating on reported figures, so could still be well off, but the point still stands that the value reported isn’t really /simply/ representative of the actual transaction (at least, that is what I made of @Stoned Rose ’s post).

@ninjamonkey Good write up, mate — but see above for why it’s two different assertions that are not the same, meaning both can be true.

Edit: adding @City Rich, who also had a good summation.

So was I right or wrong?

So, we gave them Danilo for nothing, gratis and paid £60M to Juve!!!! Add that to your CV and you are a shoe in for S Stones holiday cover.

Juve wanted £60M.

We gave them £25M and a £35M rated player. That equals £60M.

Whether we could have sold Danilo to another club for £35M is open to debate but there you go.

I think it's a great bit of business (depending on Cancelo being an upgrade on Danilo) and I'm sure we would have excepted closer to £20M for Danilo but it's still a £60M deal.

João Cancelo welcome to Manchester City! I really liked Danilo at times, brought a professional composure, and can't forget that sweet goal bent perfectly into the top corner. I don't know much about João but seems like great business and really hoping the competition with Walker will take this position to greater heights!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.