Welcome Joao Cancelo

That would be the Italian, not Portuguese pronunciation.

Correct. Also, his first name should be pronounced with a nasalised vowel, since it has the tilde over it. I don’t know much Portuguese, but I do that that. People won’t bother, because the sound doesn’t exist in the English phonological system. But it is so.

More importantly. Thinking about what excellent business we’ve done this summer, I can’t help casting my mind back to the thoroughly underwhelming transfer windows of 2012 and 2014. There’ll be no more of those, I trust. 2012 particularly was a huge disappointment. Hazard went to Chelsea, Van Persie went to the rags. We got a bunch of no marks. Obviously, the Pep factor has changed things significantly (and I face the day he leaves with trepidation), but it’s not just that. Let’s face it. We might have been champions, but in PL terms we were still pretty much new boys on the block in 2012 (I emphasise, in PL terms only). We’re big hitters now, and we’ve got big drawing power, above and beyond the simple financial factor. Incidentally, that’s also a reason why we need to get this CL thing done, regardless of what we as fans may think of it. Like it or not, it does make players dream.
But we’re doing very, very well. Kudos to Soriano and Begiristain, incidentally. They’re not praised enough, imo.

Last edited:
Correct. Also, his first name should be pronounced with a nasalised vowel, since it has the tilde over it. I don’t know much Portuguese, but I do that that. People won’t bother, because the sound doesn’t exist in the English phonological system. But it is so.
Screw your nose up and make the sound of an F1 car flashing past the pits.

Excited about this, don’t think Kyle will be preferred choice at right back for very long

Such loyalty :( - Kyle has been a very good signing for us and seems to be a positive influence who really enjoys playing for the club. His attacking play could improve but I prefer to enjoy his strengths than focus on his weaknesses.

He basically won us the Charity Shield with his amazing clearance so I do not think he will be displaced easily.

According to Sly Sports News sources in Italy, Italian Sports Journalists are shocked at how little City actually paid for Cancelo, regardless of Danilo’s valuation. :-)

From BBCMU Sport online.

City director of football Txiki Begiristain said: "Joao is a fine player and an excellent attacking full-back who will provide us with a real threat on the right-hand side.

"We have been impressed with his progress and have no doubt he can continue to shine here in Manchester.

"He fits the profile of player we want here at Manchester City. His best years are ahead of him, he's technically proficient and has the physical attributes we desire."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.