Welcome Josko Gvardiol | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Just thinking of us lining up in attack and defence for certain big games in the league and Champions League.

---------------------- Rodri -----------------------

---Gvardiol - Dias - Stones - Walker---

------------- Rodri ----- Stones -------------

------Gvardiol ------ Dias ------- Walker ------

Speed, height, strength, aggression, excellent on the ball. There are no weaknesses in this line-up. Set pieces are also going to be fun to watch.
So we're allowed to clone players now ? Great way to evade FFP charges.

Yep they were brilliant for us last season. I'm assuming that Ake at least was being kept in the loop before he signed his new contract. It's harsh on at least one (if not both) of them. But I guess that if you spend the thick end of 80m on a player, he's not been bought to sit on the bench. I get it, that he won't play every game for us. But I'd imagine he'll be in the team for important (aren't they all?) match.
Shows what I know. An area I thought couldn't be improved.
Maybe Pep's inventing yet another new incarnation of football.

What do you think it’s based on?

He has more progressive passes and carries in one season than Stones has in two and that’s not to decry Stones. Gvardiol is just the best in the business at it.

A bit different to doing it for a club like Manchester City in midfield against the likes of Real Madrid in Champions League semi finals.

None of us have seen enough of him to know that he could reach that level. You say he’s the best in the business at it but you’ve barely seen him play to make that judgement and you definitely haven’t seen him do it at an elite level.

He’s an excellent young defender with potential. Let’s not start declaring him better than the world’s best based on numbers or ‘just because’. Let him settle in and see what’s what. Going from defence to being in midfield is hard as ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.