Welcome Josko Gvardiol | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

Based on what?

I bet you’ve seen him play less than 10 matches.

Let him settle in first before we start talking about him being better than one of the world’s most elite defensive players.
Calm down ffs.

Seen him plenty of times thank you and imo (yes my opinion) he'll play the midfield role better than Stones.

I think Gvardiol will prove to be better than Stones in the midfield role
In the midfield they are slightly different types. Stones is calm and subtle, Josko is more direct and forceful. I would love to see a double shuttle system, each taking a turn on their side. One thing is certain, with the current squad Pep will try lots of combinations and line ups in the first 10 games. Fascinating prospect.

A bit different to doing it for a club like Manchester City in midfield against the likes of Real Madrid in Champions League semi finals.

None of us have seen enough of him to know that he could reach that level. You say he’s the best in the business at it but you’ve barely seen him play to make that judgement and you definitely haven’t seen him do it at an elite level.

He’s an excellent young defender with potential. Let’s not start declaring him better than the world’s best based on numbers or ‘just because’. Let him settle in and see what’s what. Going from defence to being in midfield is hard as ****.
I didn’t make the statement but you asked what he’s basing it on. Well the stats back it up and your comments just suggest you know fuck all about the lad.

You also seem overly upset about someone else’s opinion.

Not sure about his eyebrows but I like his beard.

I didn’t make the statement but you asked what he’s basing it on. Well the stats back it up and your comments just suggest you know fuck all about the lad.

You just sound like a bloke down the pub after 7 pints talking about the footy.

I don’t care about stats against average teams. I care about performances week in week out at the highest level.

I’ll be able to declare whether he can do better than Stones when I’ve seen him play dozens of matches, not from some stats or seeing him play a handful of matches.

If you can declare him better than Stones, arguably the world’s best at what he does, based off stats and barely seeing him play then fair enough.

I won’t be putting that kind of expectation on him or any player and look forward to seeing him progress.

One for the ignore list.

Edit - Your entire timeline is just you arguing with people so I won’t be missing much.

You just sound like a bloke down the pub after 7 pints talking about the footy.

I don’t care about stats against average teams. I care about performances week in week out at the highest level.

I’ll be able to declare whether he can do better than Stones when I’ve seen him play dozens of matches, not from some stats or seeing him play a handful of matches.

If you can declare him better than Stones, arguably the world’s best at what he does, based off stats and barely seeing him play then fair enough.

I won’t be putting that kind of expectation on him or any player and look forward to seeing him progress.

One for the ignore list.
Again, it wasn’t me that made the claim but you were aghast that someone other than you had an opinion and asked what he was basing it (which was Gvardiol’s career to date - something which you’re apparently totally unaware of yet still feel the need to comment on in this thread).

If you don’t like the opinions of others, then maybe a forum isn’t the right place for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.