Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Yeah, it’s not like striking duos have ever been successful, or allowed a team to attack in multiple ways, is it?

How does THAT even work, especially with a big strong striker and an opportunistic foil?!
I've read than Alvarez is a proper out and out striker, not a winger. Will have to change the system quite a bit to occupy two out and out strikers.

I've read than Alvarez is a proper out and out striker, not a winger. Will have to change the system quite a bit to occupy two out and out strikers.
That is incorrect, read about him on City website. He has played all across the front three and occasionally as an attacking midfielder, for River this season he has featured as a central striker predominantly.

So it is confirmed then, is he in London and going to start the game at Wembers this evening?
If so, this is deffo the game I’m going to watch.

I’ve only seen you tube videos, but he seems to play central, deeper or wide. Think he could play in a 3 or a 2.

Doesn’t matter what you are when Pep’s the manager. He makes you want he wants to make you, he plays you where he wants to play you.

From seeing the footage of him we’ve seen so far, he looks suited to play in any of the three forward positions we have. He seems to pop up everywhere.

Doesn’t matter what you are when Pep’s the manager. He makes you want he wants to make you, he plays you where he wants to play you.

From seeing the footage of him we’ve seen so far, he looks suited to play in any of the three forward positions we have. He seems to pop up everywhere.

From clips I've seen, his all-round attacking game is good - playmaking, holding it up etc. - which will help with any transition if he's not going to be a striker every time he plays.

I'd rather sign a striker and convert him into a winger than the other way around (Gabby) purely for rotation with The Viking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.