Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Mad to think we (currently) have both Brazil and Argentina's number 9 in our ranks.
Calling him Argentinas number 9 is deluded on a scouse scale! He's hardly played for them.
Jesus plays alot more for Brazil, is alot better, currently than Alverez, yet people are happy to sell him, say he's not good enough....whilst proclaiming Alverez is some kind of wonder kid, time will tell, but there's no evidence of it upto now.

Calling him Argentinas number 9 is deluded on a scouse scale! He's hardly played for them.
Jesus plays alot more for Brazil, is alot better, currently than Alverez, yet people are happy to sell him, say he's not good enough....whilst proclaiming Alverez is some kind of wonder kid, time will tell, but there's no evidence of it upto now.

Up the prozac you fucking misery.

Think you're overemphasising both the level of praise for Alvarez and criticism of Jesus on here mate.
The vast majority love Gabby as a player but are frustrated by the number of big chances he misses. He really should be more lethal if he's to hold down a starting place at City but he really needs those minutes to ensure his place in Brazil NT in a WC year. Therefore it's in everyone's best interests for him to move on. I wish he'd stick around but sometimes you've just got to accept that a parting of the ways is the best thing all round.
As for Alvarez, nobody has seen him play a top level game in England so any giddy praise of him is wildly optimistic.
Pep wants to have a close look at him so will involve him in the pre season but nothing is guaranteed after that. I think everyone knows that.

Think you're overemphasising both the level of praise for Alvarez and criticism of Jesus on here mate.
The vast majority love Gabby as a player but are frustrated by the number of big chances he misses. He really should be more lethal if he's to hold down a starting place at City but he really needs those minutes to ensure his place in Brazil NT in a WC year. Therefore it's in everyone's best interests for him to move on. I wish he'd stick around but sometimes you've just got to accept that a parting of the ways is the best thing all round.
As for Alvarez, nobody has seen him play a top level game in England so any giddy praise of him is wildly optimistic.
Pep wants to have a close look at him so will involve him in the pre season but nothing is guaranteed after that. I think everyone knows that.
Spot on DB.

Not everything said on here needs to be taken so seriously ;-)

Firstly, yes I did, to make a point ;)
Nobody has seen Alverez play in England? Nobody's seen much more than 90mins anywhere, which was my point ;)
Jesus, was originally a wide player, so why should he be "more lethal"? Most of his games are right of a front 3, same as Foden and Grealish on the left. He scored 1 less goal than Foden but less mins per goal, and less than half the mins per goal than Grealish.....are you suggesting we ship Foden and Grealish? as they are clearly less "lethal", or does that not suit your agenda?

Nobody has seen Alverez play in England? Nobody's seen much more than 90mins anywhere, which was my point ;)
Jesus, was originally a wide player, so why should he be "more lethal"? Most of his games are right of a front 3, same as Foden and Grealish on the left. He scored 1 less goal than Foden but less mins per goal, and less than half the mins per goal than Grealish.....are you suggesting we ship Foden and Grealish? as they are clearly less "lethal", or does that not suit your agenda?
Nobody suggested ‘shipping’ anyone out, so no agendas. All anyone has said is it’s probably in Jesus’ own best interest to leave. It probably is and if the player agrees he’ll be allowed to leave.

Jesus, was originally a wide player, so why should he be "more lethal"? Most of his games are right of a front 3, same as Foden and Grealish on the left. He scored 1 less goal than

My agenda?
What would that be?
Show me one post of mine where I've criticised him in any way other than the one above where I repeated the commonly held belief that he's lacking in the top class chance conversion required to be a regular starting forward for Manchester City.
The fact that he needs more minutes than he's likely to get here and a reported hike in salary means that it's probably better all round that he joins a club that will give it him.
If he ends up staying then I'll be happy as I really do like the player but I really don't think that is his best career choice at this stage.

My agenda?
What would that be?
Show me one post of mine where I've criticised him in any way other than the one above where I repeated the commonly held belief that he's lacking in the top class chance conversion required to be a regular starting forward for Manchester City.
The fact that he needs more minutes than he's likely to get here and a reported hike in salary means that it's probably better all round that he joins a club that will give it him.
If he ends up staying then I'll be happy as I really do like the player but I really don't think that is his best career choice at this stage.
Your agenda, is you don't like him...you have again stated it is his chance conversion....which is better than Fodens, and light years better than Grealish, they're facts not opinions ;) .... so by your own reasoning they should both move, as it would by your own admission be the best career choice for them. Maybe you should think before you write.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.