Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Skipped 20 pages to get past the Sterling arguments, only to land at Jesus arguements. Alvarez can't seem to get a mention on his own thread.

He is not replacing either of those two who are established regulars.

Looking forward to him coming in and excited to see what he might add. It may take time and I am prepared for that.

Skipped 20 pages to get past the Sterling arguments, only to land at Jesus arguements. Alvarez can't seem to get a mention on his own thread.

Looking forward to him coming in and excited to see what he might add. It may take time and I am prepared for that.
Are you sure?

Sterling running his contract down 'supposedly' and Jesus off to Arsenal?

If they go he will be their replacement, surely?

Anyway looking forward to seeing how he gets on over here.

I absolutely think it will take him most of the season to get up and running, surprised so many people expect him to seriously deliver in year 1..

Are you sure?

Sterling running his contract down 'supposedly' and Jesus off to Arsenal?

If they go he will be their replacement, surely?

Anyway looking forward to seeing how he gets on over here.

I'm pretty sure. He is replacing Torres, who has already left, imo. Young up-and-coming player with lots of potential and an eye for goal, breaking into his national side, not necessarily expected to command a starting place regularly.

One or both of the other two may or may not leave and be replaced. Alvarez was signed in January after Torres left and both Raz and Gab were still playing a big part in our season.

I'm pretty sure. He is replacing Torres, who has already left, imo. Young up-and-coming player with lots of potential and an eye for goal, breaking into his national side, not necessarily expected to command a starting place regularly.

One or both of the other two may or may not leave and be replaced. Alvarez was signed in January after Torres left and both Raz and Gab were still playing a big part in our season.
A fair point tbh I'd forgotten about Torres.

Eh?

He was announced in January and will join on July 1st.

Have you been living in a cave during that time?

He has also been listed in the squad on our website pretty since pretty much the day after the villa game.

Comes across very well in this interview.

KDB is a god to these players.

In the first of the City-related questions, the Argentine international was asked whether he used City when playing on the PlayStation – laughing, the 22-year-old said:

'Yes, I played for a long time with City', and when the reality of him joining that very squad was highlighted, the player responded by saying: 'Yes, [it's] a little crazy'.

When asked whether he had spoken to the likes of Pep Guardiola or Sergio Aguero ahead of his move to Manchester, Alvarez would reveal that he had a phone conversation with the City boss:

"I had the possibility of talking with Pep around February when I had just signed the contract. It was a brief talk in which he welcomed and congratulated me for what I have accomplished, and he was happy that I signed with City."

When asked about the new competition for places added to the existing competition in the attacking department, Alvarez responded:

"There are many players; it’s one of the best clubs in the world. They have a great squad, and they always play good football. It depends on Pep’s orders. I don’t know what system I’ll play in or what style, but hopefully, it will be in the best way. Playing good football and winning titles will continue."

Finally, on the City player he is most excited to meet before anyone else, Alvarez replied:

"I think everyone, but I am very surprised at the way Kevin De Bruyne plays. He is a great player, one of the best midfielders in the world."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.