Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

He was being hunted by most of the top clubs in Europe. For that fee it’s a no-brainer particularly if Haaland doesn’t work out.
This could be a master stroke signing by us. Comparing him to Thomas Muller will do for me. If he turns out to be half as good him we will have a good one on our hands.

The Argentine Thomas Muller sounds about as pep a player as you’ll ever get!
actually the Muller comparison is spot on regarding his tactical positioning in the final third but they are very different is how they move. Muller is more about movement without the ball but Julian is more of a carrier with the ball at his feet from what I have seen.

Most Argentinian journalists seem to think he won't start, but he might get some minutes.

Either way, I wouldn't expect too much from him right now, remember that the Argentinian league finished in early/mid-December, he's essentially been on holiday for a month and a half and hasn't really played competitively other than the 10 minutes he got against Chile last week.

The Argentine Thomas Muller sounds about as pep a player as you’ll ever get!
Glad people have seen the video. Clear and succinct analysis as well. The comparison to Muller is understandable. Only time will tell how it’ll pan out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.