Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Would be great if he makes his debut in the first game of next season with Sergio there to say his proper goodbye.

River Plate are the current Argentinian Champions - the most successful club in Argentina. Alvarez is the top division's leading scorer for 2021. Either the standard over there is rubbish and his achievements mean very little or we've signed a young, skilful player with the ability to score goals regularly for the top team in that country.
They have produced quite a number of decent players have the Argentinian league,in the past.

He looks more than half decent on that evidence. Clearly a guy who is looking to shoot as soon as he gets a sight of the net.
My only reservation is as I cast my mind back to watching YouTube footage of Rolando Bianchi when we signed him. What a let down he turned out to be. Let's hope this lad can speak English, likes the food and can handle the weather !
TBF Argentinians rarely disappointment, as us Blues well know.

He looks more than half decent on that evidence. Clearly a guy who is looking to shoot as soon as he gets a sight of the net.
My only reservation is as I cast my mind back to watching YouTube footage of Rolando Bianchi when we signed him. What a let down he turned out to be. Let's hope this lad can speak English, likes the food and can handle the weather !
TBF Argentinians rarely disappointment, as us Blues well know.
And we should never forget In-cred-I-ble Pep makes players even better. And Alvarez has more than enough talent for Pep to work his magic.

i hope we see him and he fits in with english lifestyle. A lot to happen yet before we see him. If he doesnt play for 1st team we will make money on him all day long.

Those who still think this is a CFG signing need to sit down and look at the evidence:

Top scorer in the Argentinian top division.
South American footballer of the year.
Full Argentine international.
Aged 22.
He is the nearest thing to Aguero I’ve seen so far and fits perfectly the mould of a Pep player.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we’ve signed him as our long term striker knowing Haaland isn’t coming.
Just pray he doesn’t get injured before we get to see him in a blue shirt given his loan arrangement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.