Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

I have to say, I haven't seen any of his clips prior to today; but purely looking at this I'm proper excited for his signing.

Kid is clean with the ball, doesn't look indecisive with it (sterling-like), always pressing and running around (tevez-like), and he seems to be able to give those one and two passes under pressure (akin to kane)

Think Pep is gonna love him when he see him in the pre-season, won't rule him out from pushing his way into the starting 11.

My only concern for Alvarez is......

I only hope he can cope with and get used to a quiet stadium? ;-)

Welp, River is knocked out of the Arg Domestic Cup 1-2 due to a Slippy-G-esque moment gifting Tigres the gamewinner. This leaves JA with 2 Copa Libs group games in May, some likely int'l duty in June and finally 2 Copa Libs knockout legs just before he's free to join City July 7th.

Welp, River is knocked out of the Arg Domestic Cup 1-2 due to a Slippy-G-esque moment gifting Tigres the gamewinner. This leaves JA with 2 Copa Libs group games in May, some likely int'l duty in June and finally 2 Copa Libs knockout legs just before he's free to join City July 7th.
As with all of his team mates he was very poor against a moderate team who knew how to stop us playing. Alvarez is playing well below the level he was at in the second half of 2021 but so is the entire team.

As with all of his team mates he was very poor against a moderate team who knew how to stop us playing. Alvarez is playing well below the level he was at in the second half of 2021 but so is the entire team.
That is some username you have there. ‘El Gran Capitan‘ Passarella what a player he was. The ‘78’ World Cup Final in which Passarella captained La Albiceleste was the first I remember and still held by me as the most exciting to watch.

How well do you think Alvarez will adapt to football in England?

Thanks for being honest

River just beat Colo Colo 4-0 to ensure qualification for the knockout stages of the Copa Libs. JA had a rotten 1st half and quite a good 2nd half where he helped create 3 goals. He had 3 solid shots on goal, one of which he shoulda buried. Next River match is May 25th. Recently he was named to the Arg squad for June int'l duty.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.