Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

so many times when JA starts dribbling things go sideways for him, I've adopted a maxim for him: 'the fewer touches the better' - gonna be frustrating if he can't improve his close control - did okay today with near zero service, mostly a running role for him - 1-1 draw puts River on the cusp of qualifying for the Copa Libs bracket with 2 home matches to go in the group

River were poor in first half and Julian had a bad night.He like many of his team mates need a rest.He has been playing twice a week since February including trips to Lima(5 hours)Santiago(2.5 hours and Fortaleza(6 hours).I think he has more minutes than anyone apart from Armani.However we are in quarter final in Argentina and almost guaranteed last 16 in Libertadores where he has played a huge role.I dont expect to see him in Sundays match v Platense and next Copa match is on 25th.

River were poor in first half and Julian had a bad night.He like many of his team mates need a rest.He has been playing twice a week since February including trips to Lima(5 hours)Santiago(2.5 hours and Fortaleza(6 hours).I think he has more minutes than anyone apart from Armani.However we are in quarter final in Argentina and almost guaranteed last 16 in Libertadores where he has played a huge role.I dont expect to see him in Sundays match v Platense and next Copa match is on 25th.
Jeez, it sounds like we’re all having a shit week

alvarez.png

Just seen that he's already listed on our website as available to select for favourite player lol

Really poor game from him tonight, he did everything wrong, which is not something you usually see from him. Maybe he needs some rest.
Yeah, definitely a tough game for River. Wasn't his night unfortunately.

Alvarez will get a rest today he will be on the bench.Its been reported here that the English magazine four four two has selected the 100 greatest players of all time.The top two were Maradona and Messi but no less than eight came from River.Di Stefano,Moreno,Passarella,Pedernera,Sivori all from our school and Batistuta and Kempes.So Julian has history on his side when he arrives to you.
Some of you wont have heard of Moreno and Pedernera but the old guys tell us that Moreno was as skilful as Maradona but much taller and Pedernera was the genius who created futbol total.

Alvarez will get a rest today he will be on the bench.Its been reported here that the English magazine four four two has selected the 100 greatest players of all time.The top two were Maradona and Messi but no less than eight came from River.Di Stefano,Moreno,Passarella,Pedernera,Sivori all from our school and Batistuta and Kempes.So Julian has history on his side when he arrives to you.
Some of you wont have heard of Moreno and Pedernera but the old guys tell us that Moreno was as skilful as Maradona but much taller and Pedernera was the genius who created futbol total.
Where is Adnan Januzaj on the list!?

Mention of Passarella & Kempes always takes me back to watching the 1978 World Cup as a kid. I've still got the little book I kept, where I filled-in all the results.

Shame these days Argentina just don't create those players.

Where was Kun?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.