Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

He’s been a striker mostly in a 2 this year at club level but is capable of playing left and right and he will play there because Haaland is going to be the main man, and he’s going to play on the wing for Argentina most likely.

Guardiola may change his tactical approach next season. It will be fascinating to see how Pep adjusts to these two.
Both forwards need time to adapt to pep and the Premier league, Alvarez is definitely in the "second "striker mould. More of a Tevez type , will not play as a winger imo.
Of course much will depend on who leaves, the prospect of an incredibly fluid , deadly attack is what we can look forward to.

Guardiola may change his tactical approach next season. It will be fascinating to see how Pep adjusts to these two.
Both forwards need time to adapt to pep and the Premier league, Alvarez is definitely in the "second "striker mould. More of a Tevez type , will not play as a winger imo.
Of course much will depend on who leaves, the prospect of an incredibly fluid , deadly attack is what we can look forward to.

I do think he'll change, I don't think he'll ever play 2 up front.

This off season is dragging already

It is, but at the same time I'm very ready for a break from football. Feels like the last 3 seasons merged into one giant slog.

No summer tournament, just a nice clean break for 8 weeks and come back with a refreshed mind and a refreshed squad going for everything again.

It is, but at the same time I'm very ready for a break from football. Feels like the last 3 seasons merged into one giant slog.

No summer tournament, just a nice clean break for 8 weeks and come back with a refreshed mind and a refreshed squad going for everything again.
I'm the opposite

Actually watched St Johnstone v Inverness the other night

Can't wait for holiday with family and all those sad dippers

Great to see - we have too many games in a season to rely on just one player in any position. Alvarez and haaland both young and rotation would be ideal. Feel a bit sorry for Gabby in all this tbh
Agreed but there’s little doubt Haaland and Alvarez are an upgrade on Jesus.
Hopefully we can still get good money for him.
We are now really starting to see the fruits of Pep’s work and legacy; we are able to attract top players without having to pay through the nose for them.
They want to come because we are the most attractive proposition out there. Money is no longer the driver.
Being a City fan just keeps getting better!

Sadly for the players they have so many internationals in June most probably wont get a break till mid / late June. With an early pre season cant see them getting more than 2/3 weeks off which when considering the last few seasons of absolute relentless games, just doesn't seem enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.