Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

I don't really think you can come to that conclusion on the basis of the Haaland and Alvarez signings. With Haaland we reaped the benefit of a release clause that was obviously set way too low, and with Alvarez, fees are way lower in S. America than they are in Europe. £15 million or whatever it was is quite a lot of money for a relative unknown in Argentina. And Alvarez probably earned peanuts at River Plate, I'm sure the money would have been a huge incentive. he'd probably never even heard of Manchester City before we approached him.

Of course he would have heard of Man City. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

I don't really think you can come to that conclusion on the basis of the Haaland and Alvarez signings. With Haaland we reaped the benefit of a release clause that was obviously set way too low, and with Alvarez, fees are way lower in S. America than they are in Europe. £15 million or whatever it was is quite a lot of money for a relative unknown in Argentina. And Alvarez probably earned peanuts at River Plate, I'm sure the money would have been a huge incentive. he'd probably never even heard of Manchester City before we approached him.
Point is these players wanted to come to us.
Haaland in particular could have taken his pick of any of the top clubs in Europe but we are clearly the most attractive proposition for him.
Alvarez is hardly an unknown in S America btw…..

I am sure City always give the players the recommended 3 weeks off. This would mean they should be back around 5th July from their 3 weeks break

Plenty of time before the first relevant fixture the community shield on the 30th July

We shouldn't have the same problem starting the season with an under prepared squad
I would say 3 weeks just isnt enough though. Ideally players should get 4/5 weeks off to recharge and enjoy some time away from the game.

feel like this is a direct replacement for gabby, has all the tools to play a similar game to him but maybe with a bit more potency in front of goal. probably why news of gabby potentially leaving seems very real as I cant see them both playing the same role.. I do think people will miss him more when he's gone purely on the work ethic and press he gave us. But this guy looks class and could fill that void perfectly! Foden, Haaland, Alvarez as our next generational front 3 oh my

I don't really think you can come to that conclusion on the basis of the Haaland and Alvarez signings. With Haaland we reaped the benefit of a release clause that was obviously set way too low, and with Alvarez, fees are way lower in S. America than they are in Europe. £15 million or whatever it was is quite a lot of money for a relative unknown in Argentina.
Relative unknown in Argentina!? He's probably the most well known and coveted footballer in Argentina.
And Alvarez probably earned peanuts at River Plate, I'm sure the money would have been a huge incentive. he'd probably never even heard of Manchester City before we approached him.
It's not 2008 anymore. We are one of the biggest and most famous clubs in world football. I suppose he's never heard of Kevin de Bruyne, Sergio Agüero or Pep Guardiola either?

People know about the club with the greatest manager of all time. People know about the Champions of England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.