Welcome Luton. Let’s relegate Luton.

But we were equally shit.
Pleats celebrations overshadow how poor a team we were.
Any team facing relegation on the final day take their chances.
Incredible to think how both ourselves and Luton had to go down before they could go back to the top

Well, without wishing to sound arrogant, their ‘top’ is not quite the same as ours.

I think that was the relegation that most shocked me, possibly (well, the drop into D3 seemed impossible, too). I hadn't fully taken on board the problems of the club, and only a few years before we'd been a major force in English football. We'd been at Wembley in ’81, we were still able to attract good managers. Motty's commentary says it all: “As they celebrate [Luton], Manchester City, one of the most accomplished clubs of a few years ago, are relegated.” It was during that season that I took my former wife to her one and only match at Maine Rd.
I thought, “Oh, well, this is an inexplicable blip, we'll be back in D1 in no time and challenging again for the title”…
Hollow laugh…

Last edited:
Watched the game yesterday. Entertaining, but I thought both were shit. Those who claim these teams from the Championship are better than mine, are either fucking clueless or at it. Just as well they get so much money, because they will need to buy a whole new team in the Prem.

They looked very poor yesterday maybe it was the occasion not seen them before but if they play like that it's bye bye by Xmas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.