Welcome Mateo Kovacic | Signing confirmed on a four-year deal

Similar type of player to Fernandinho, not his level obviously but a fantastic signing for just £30 million.
I always blanch when I see the word 'just' in front of such astronomical figures, but in this case you make a good comparison in that 30 million is, perhaps surprisingly, actually less than we paid for Fernandinho and that is now over a decade ago.

25mill? That’s a bargain even before Kovacic kicked a ball wearing our sky blue. And Rice should bring in over a 100mill at West Ham? This football world is so funny. Crazy but funny.

Welcome Mateo.

I always blanch when I see the word 'just' in front of such astronomical figures, but in this case you make a good comparison in that 30 million is, perhaps surprisingly, actually less than we paid for Fernandinho and that is now over a decade ago.
Exactly my point pal ;-)

I think we've signed this guy as much for his leadership, humility, and professionalism as anything else, given the changes in our roster that are shaping to occur.

The team has strong characters and they're to me equally as responsible for setting the standards as Pep and the coaches are. Mateo is going to fit in like a glove.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.